DSi UNBRICKED RANDOMLY! What do I do to keep it alive?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by JimPlayz912, Aug 23, 2019.

1. JimPlayz912
    OP

JimPlayz912 A.K.A. UltraGamer912

Jun 9, 2018
    Greece
    Somewhere, that's for sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    So, once upon a time my DSi bricked with the error code 0000FEFE. And it seemed I couldn't do anything until the end of time. So since then, it was abandoned on a shelf.
    Every now and then I opened it to see if it got over it, but to no avail.

BUT today I wanted to get my dsi case and, suprise suprise, the dsi was inside. I thought "MEH why not open it and see what's up." The dsi of course was out of battery and I had to charge AND THEN... THE DSI BOOTED NORMALLY!

While I'm writing this post, my dsi is in sleep mode. What should I do to prevent the brick from happening ever again?

Last edited by JimPlayz912, Aug 23, 2019
    Phantom-Ant likes this.
  2. andyhappypants

andyhappypants Pika!

Jul 27, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hoenn
    Find out what caused the brick in the 1st place and take remidial action!

3. tozevleal

tozevleal Probably the last VinsCool lonk clone :P

Jul 14, 2011
    Portugal
    Somewhere
    It happen with my DSi before... i recomend to takeout the battery and leave it rest for a week ... I don't know why it causes that but somehow solved my issue

4. JimPlayz912
    OP

Jun 9, 2018
    Greece
    Hmmm... about the cause- I never did anything to it (ok I'm kinda lying bc I actually downgraded it to 1.4 BUT THAT'S NOT THE CAUSE bc i also did it with another system and that system is working perfectly). Lemme tell you this, once upon a time, I was charging my dsi bc, it's a normal thing people do with their devices, and then I opened it and boom bricked. Idk it happened randomly but I did some reasearch about the error code and the cause of it is bc of the wifi board. When you get the code, sometimes the system works, sometimes not but someone said that you need to press on/off until it boots up and I did that, didn't work. But today, the thing just DECIDED to work idk why...

andyhappypants likes this.
  5. JimPlayz912
    OP

Jun 9, 2018
    Greece
    oopsy double post

6. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    Since you said this is related to a hardware problem (WiFi)… I guess you are not gonna like what comes next:
    If the problem comes back and clearing the RAM by taking out the battery does not solve the problem…
    You would have to use this nice tool you dislike so much:

alexander1970 likes this.
  7. Phantom-Ant

Phantom-Ant Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    Italy
    Remove sd try it for a few hours maybe work.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted