Gaming DSi UNBRICKED RANDOMLY! What do I do to keep it alive?

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So, once upon a time my DSi bricked with the error code 0000FEFE. And it seemed I couldn't do anything until the end of time. So since then, it was abandoned on a shelf.
Every now and then I opened it to see if it got over it, but to no avail.

BUT today I wanted to get my dsi case and, suprise suprise, the dsi was inside. I thought "MEH why not open it and see what's up." The dsi of course was out of battery and I had to charge AND THEN... THE DSI BOOTED NORMALLY!

While I'm writing this post, my dsi is in sleep mode. What should I do to prevent the brick from happening ever again?

Last edited by EpikJimmer,

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Find out what caused the brick in the 1st place and take remidial action!

Hmmm... about the cause- I never did anything to it (ok I'm kinda lying bc I actually downgraded it to 1.4 BUT THAT'S NOT THE CAUSE bc i also did it with another system and that system is working perfectly). Lemme tell you this, once upon a time, I was charging my dsi bc, it's a normal thing people do with their devices, and then I opened it and boom bricked. Idk it happened randomly but I did some reasearch about the error code and the cause of it is bc of the wifi board. When you get the code, sometimes the system works, sometimes not but someone said that you need to press on/off until it boots up and I did that, didn't work. But today, the thing just DECIDED to work idk why...

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since you said this is related to a hardware problem (WiFi)… I guess you are not gonna like what comes next:
If the problem comes back and clearing the RAM by taking out the battery does not solve the problem…
A screwdriver …to open that DSi.
  • Remove the WiFi card and plug it back in – possibly blowing on the contacts (with canned air and not(!) your breath).
  • If this does not help the next step is cleaning the contacts with isopropyl alcohol. Let it evaporate completely (best for some hours) before reassembly.
  • In case this also fails you would have to get a replacement WiFi board (don’t know if this is easy/cheap/worthwhile)
Reference: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+DSi+Wi-Fi+Board+Replacement/3747

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So, once upon a time my DSi bricked with the error code 0000FEFE. And it seemed I couldn't do anything until the end of time. So since then, it was abandoned on a shelf.
Every now and then I opened it to see if it got over it, but to no avail.

BUT today I wanted to get my dsi case and, suprise suprise, the dsi was inside. I thought "MEH why not open it and see what's up." The dsi of course was out of battery and I had to charge AND THEN... THE DSI BOOTED NORMALLY!

While I'm writing this post, my dsi is in sleep mode. What should I do to prevent the brick from happening ever again?

Possibly your DSi is not "fully bricked", it just need a " hard reset" where yo must remove the battery for minutes and then put it back, this happen because many problems, like faulty flashcarts :blush:

Reactions: Alexander1970

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello.:)

He is really an unlucky Guy.....

@JimPlayz912

- Bricked DSi
- Bricked 3DS
- R4i Saves lost
- PlayStation 3 Fan and Update Troubles
- 3DS R Button troubles
- 2DS Volume Slider issue
- Buyed a needed DSi Ware for Modding and a few days later Frogminer comes out

really? your unlickiness been logged :blink:
im sorry to hear that :cry:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
lol
At least fullmetal5 exists and thanks to him, my wii mini is now hacced

MY WII MINI

IS HACKED
I never thought i would be saying that, like, ever

Congratulations !! :D

It would be great,you announce that too in the Wii Hacking Forum.:D
Then maybe more People from GBAtemp can share your Experience and are happy with you.:toot:

Thank you and good work.:)

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn