OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
ok I have a dsi as you know it has v1.4.2 (I saw that is v1.4.3). The problem is, I start the DSi and ya know the health and safety screen, than I get the menu. When I click on ANY app: Camera, Sound, Settings, Games, 3DS transfer tool, I get error message which says: An error has occurred. Please press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details. and I dont know what else to do... Can anyone help me?
unsure.gif

MSaki

Trophies
Website
nintendo3ds-place.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
if you can access system settings format and restore the system to default >-> last button on last page in settings .

the 3ds transfer tool seems to do something with the loader on the dsi im already looking into it seems you still can access the menu...so try to restore to default and update if that doesn't work send to Nintendo.

(also have heard reports of people accidentally shutting off during 3ds transfers and ended up with blank screen on there dsi at health and safety screen.)

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
David_MKD said:
ok I have a dsi as you know it has v1.4.2 (I saw that is v1.4.3). The problem is, I start the DSi and ya know the health and safety screen, than I get the menu. When I click on ANY app: Camera, Sound, Settings, Games, 3DS transfer tool, I get error message which says: An error has occurred. Please press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details. and I dont know what else to do... Can anyone help me?
unsure.gif
I looked at the DSi manual and it said for that error you should send it back to Nintendo to be repaired.

David_MKD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
umm... I cant access even the settings. I tried that L+R+SELECT or START i dont know (Screen Calibration) and get the same error. I Live in Macedonia so I dont have Costumer service, any help will be appreciated

MSaki

Trophies
Website
nintendo3ds-place.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
ok sorry before just woke up XD

but anyways redeem your warranty and send it to Nintendo the bootloader is corrupted everyone is having the same problem on Nintendo tech forum.

in a geeky way the 3ds transfer app for some reason seems to embed its self in the important bootloader area as it may need to use the dsi mode to access stuff.

it happens when you download 3ds transfer tool and it fails and makes a corrupted file in the memory which normally it auto deletes but since it has some annoying mode it messes up the whole dsi menu.

and recal seems to be apart of its own system so as soon as its done it shuts down.

so yah just send it to Nintendo ok?

sorry
frown.gif

David_MKD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
ummm sorry I just power on the DSi and clicked on some app and it worked (i think it was Camera). Than I just ran to my room to take some game (meanwhile I turned off the DSi). When I plugged in the game and turned on the DSi it didn't worked. BTW I left my DSi untouched for 4 days and than power it on.

David_MKD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
ok things are getting worst. Now i must leave my dsi for one day without power it on in order to play. And now is the big problem. I wanted to update it. And its starts to update i goes to the 4 or 6th bar and it shows some error (i dont remember what was the error number) and it switches off. I saw on this forum that i must change the MTU from 1400 to 576 but i dont know where is located, please help!

David_MKD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I know that this is triple reply but I found a fix for this, Leave the DSi without turning it on for 1-1.5 week (meanwhile, plug off the battery and plug in it without turning it on). If you even with that cant get access to any app, leave the DSi for 6h and try again. if you can, Update the system with the latest firmware. Than the DSi should work

D

Deleted User

Get some GBAtemp member in the UK to send it for you (To NoE Repairs). You'll have to contact someone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E