Country
India
Hi guys.

greetings from india!!!
smile.gif

i want some help to clear my doubts...
wacko.gif

as the topic goes DSL or DSi

im planning to buy either of them on my b'day in august.
grog.gif

1) The DS Lite here is quite cheap... but is the hardware upgrade in DSi something to consider?

2) The DSL is available for arnd 170USD. while the DSi is available for 260USD !!! also, i have to order flashcart online outside my country, any reliable site with international shipping? My Max Budget - 200USD.

3) The main doubt - what are Dsi specific games exactly?. i read some article stating that it will use hardware capabilities like camera...etc.
but what about the compatibility with DSL? i mean the game might work slow on DSL or might not even work, because the hardware inside is quite weak compare to DSi, like 16Mb in DSi as compared to 4Mb in DSL. Faster processor in Dsi..., Better Graphics in DSi?, Large Screen.

Since the DSi is expensive and has availability issues.... is it worth going with DSL or wait few months for a price drop???

Thanx in advance!!!

Chintan

NintendoLover64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it depends on if you just wanna play games or have camera and new features on it, if you don't care about the camera or any special features buy the DS Lite but if you want a camera and special features buy the DSi

just think about it

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i would go for the dsi if i were you then by a m3i zero (might have to wait a bit for them to come into stock)
i am in the same situation as you and i will be getting a dsi probably as im a bit of a nintendo fan boy and a must have kinda person
tongue.gif

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
pearl008 said:
3) The main doubt - what are Dsi specific games exactly?. i read some article stating that it will use hardware capabilities like camera...etc.
but what about the compatibility with DSL? i mean the game might work slow on DSL or might not even work, because the hardware inside is quite weak compare to DSi, like 16Mb in DSi as compared to 4Mb in DSL. Faster processor in Dsi..., Better Graphics in DSi?, Large Screen.

Right now, there are no DSi exlcusive games. Only DSi enhanced games. Those use camera when used on DSi. But most are cheap gimmicks as of the DSi enhanced games dumped now. Go check out the first dumped DSi enhanced game, its just a cheap gimmick.

There may be better use of the DSi in the future though. Like a Japan game that hasn't been released yet "Idol M@ster : Dearly Stars", seems to have a DSi exlusive menu and it may be because it can read QR codes.

Personally, if I get a DSi it will be for DSiWare, since there are many great DSiware games. IMO, DSiWare > DSi-enhanced games

pearl008

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thanks for the quick reply!!!
smile.gif

i guess you'll didn't get it... suppose i buy a DSL today and after 2 years i buy a game which DOESN'T use DSi CAMERA, but because it has better graphics and needs higher ram and processor speed the DSL doesn't have and hence it cant support it!!!!

its like playing a ps3 game on ps2 which is because although they are similar EXCEPT FOR THE HARDWARE....
however some ps2 games work on ps3 (AFAIK, correct me if im wrong)

or playing crysis on a p3 machine because it lacks necessary HARDWARE!!!

To make it short are they both different like PS2 and PS3!!!

... i hope u get it!!!

also what is DSiware???

sorry if im posting n00b questions....

i never owned a console in my life!!!
frown.gif

PC FTW!
bow.gif
and DS too!!!

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Sorry. I kinda get it now. You mean the usage of extra juie of the DSi right?

Some games will use the extra juice of the DSi. Like Korg DS-10 plus, it uses the extra juice for more synthesisers etc.

And as for DSiWare, yes it is kinda like a store. You go online and download apps and games for fixed prices. You need to get DSi points (or nintendo points?). Some games may be likely use the camera. Go check up on ghostwire and warioware: snapped.

brak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSi is a waste of an extra $40 or whatever the difference is between the two. The camera is lame. The audio tricks are stupid. It can't play mp3s (although the Acekard can, but it can't access the SD card to play anything stored on there). The battery life is abysmal with an Acekard in it. And the case scratches easily. Don't waste your money. Use that money to buy a ginormous microSD card, instead.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I have a DSi and I think it's better than the DSL. It just kind of...feels better in your hands. It's probably due to the way they made it thinner, but wider. The buttons are nicer too. The main problems right now that I have with it, though, are that it doesn't have a slot-2, which is somewhat unavoidable, but there's also the fact that, for some reason or another, most homebrew can't use wifi. (Beup does, for some reason, but DSOrganize, for example, doesn't.)

Another random thing with it is that they changed the slot-1 slightly. Now it has this little metal spring type thing that kinda protects the slot from getting stuff in it when there's nothing there, and it helps push cards into the contacts better when one is there.

Guess it really just depends on how much you want to spend, and whether you want to use a slot-2 card or not. I just kept my DSL so I could have the slot-2 RAM expansion, though when they can get homebrew on the DSi, hopefully it'll be able to use the extra RAM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1