DSi Memory Card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TheDestroyer, Jul 3, 2009.

Jul 3, 2009

DSi Memory Card by TheDestroyer at 9:34 AM (1,598 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. TheDestroyer
    OP

Member TheDestroyer GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Masterâ„¢

United States
    I just want to know where I could buy a DSi memory card (including USB reader) that is compatible.,..
    not the one use for flash carts though (i.e. Micro SDHC) but for the DSi itself.. (I really don't know what memory card is that.. i'm a total noob on this stuff.. and thats why i need your help)

I want to play around with aac + sound modifier and to have some photos as well... the internal memory is not enough for me..

and also, is there any software around that convert mp3 to aac?

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    DSi uses SD cards. You could get a micro sd with a sd adapter. Try amazon or newegg for the cards.
    For music converting might I suggest Switch. (1 week free trial for its pro and it can be reinstalled as many times afaik)

3. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    [​IMG]

they look like that ^^

as in their shape, however, you can still use MicroSD's. You can buy the adapter which has the shape as of the above, but in it there is an opening to put your Micro SD, but to be honest, you better off with just buying a separate SD card. Its odd why Nintendo didn't incorporate MicroSD compatibility out of the box. SD is kind of outdated these days.

4. Shadow#1

Member Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    [​IMG]

no they actualy look like this ^^

5. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    thats just a one with the dsi logo all sd cards will work

6. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Probably aiming for a wider audience. I've never bought a single MicroSD that hasn't come with a full sized adapter, nor have I ever seen any in any store sold without one.

As for the DSi SD card... why pay 2-3x as much for the exact same card just because it's white and has the DSi logo on it?

7. jackdanielchan

Member jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    You don't actually pay more for it, infact I saw one where you pay much less, 2GB was about $14 Australian, and I think that's around $7 American.

8. TheDestroyer
    OP

Member TheDestroyer GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Masterâ„¢

United States
    So a normal micro SD HC with adapter would work? how about the reader?

9. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    If you're using a microSD/microSDHC card, you can use a microSD reader or a SD card reader (but with the microSD in the SD adapter).

10. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon

*actually

no, actualy is spelt like this^^ .... [​IMG]

Well you could go for that, and spend extra money for no apparent reason at all, the only diff. with this is the size, i was just merely giving an example of how they look, according to the best of my knowledge, the DSi can take anyway SD card, and its HC compatible.

11. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    14 AUD is about 10-11 USD.

For 9USD you can buy a 4GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211067

While at Walmart they sell the 1GB Nintendo Brand (at least at the store I go to) for $15USD

12. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    An SD card works but the DSi only saves DSiWare and reads MP3s off the card (at least until someone cracks the firmware/a public key gets leaked)

The music player on the DSi is rubbish anyway, I don't understand Ninty's obsession with AACs they changed the Photo Channel on Wii to play only them from their muuuuch more sensible option of MP3s

13. MissingNo._

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
    [​IMG]

WRONG! The DSi only plays AAC (.m4a) files, not .mp3s.

The music player is not rubbish, and Nintendo uses AAC (.m4a) files because those are files that are ripped right off of company CDs (ie Lenny Kravitz Greatest Hits, Metallica ...And Justice For All, etc.), and since those files are ripped right off the CDs they are the most trustworthy (the Nintendo DSi can't tell the difference between illegal and non-illegal stuff).

14. Jamstruth

United Kingdom
    Read my post again and you'll see that I never say it plays MP3s I say that the Photo Channel on Wii USED to be able to play them but the updated one uses AAC
    As for the AAC files...lolwut?
    Ever heard of a thing called an Audio Convertor? I could download an MP3 off the internet and convert to AAC file easily. I rip into WMA format off my CDs but could easily rip into MP3 as well (like most people on the planet do) You cannot compare the "trustworthiness" of file formats. Any file could be a pirate or a legit copy the AAC format is just an inconvenience to anyone who wants to use the music player functionality.
    Think before you write...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Hendroit

Newcomer Hendroit Member

Netherlands
    Just go out and buy a normal SD card, a mini SD card with adaptor or a micro-SD card with adaptor. As for the music convertion you want to use iTunes wich is free for download at www.apple.com/downloads. Drag a mp3 file in iTunes right click on the song and then press convert to AAC-format. Then open the root of your SD card and drag the AAC-song to it. Next put the SD card in your DSi and select DSi sound, then press play with your music, select song and you are done. [​IMG]

16. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    @Mitchell and Jams: Shaddup. Mitchell, what you're saying makes no sense at all and Jams, you said: "An SD card works but the DSi only saves DSiWare and reads MP3s off the card "

@Hendroit: iTunes isn't that good, there's better freeware out there.

Ontopic: SD cards look just like some people said before. And if you have a microSD card (the really small ones) from a flashcard you probably got an SD adapter with it. That way you can use it with the DSi's SD card slot. That's what I do, anyway.

17. Jamstruth

United Kingdom
    One Name is all you need: Super Converter

18. MissingNo._

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
    And you were telling me think before you wright?