DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Due to the recent developments in DSi hacking and Ninty's recent announcement of shutting down the DSi shop, I thought it would be a good idea to have a list of people that would do hardmods on the DSi.
Hopefully, this will help gain some momentum for a tiny DSi homebrew scene.

So anyone here doing DSi hardmods or even downgrades, I'd like to add you to the list.

Canada:
@Gadorach

US:

Europe:
@StandardBus

Last edited by DinohScene,
Reactions: nxwing and T3GZdev

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the shop is closing down, then it'll be impossible to install any of the exploit games necessary to run exploit code in DSi mode. That's very unfortunate. Maybe we can find a better way of exploiting the console, similar to the 3DS profile exploit, as we can downgrade to any version of any title we want on the console.

Reactions: nxwing and T3GZdev

StandardBus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DSi Hardmod made for @DinohScene

IMG_20160428_154316.jpg

IMG_20160428_163238.jpg

dsihardmod.jpg

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSi Hardmod made for @DinohScene
I'm not much of a fan of that style of port, but it's nice that someone else is looking into bringing out the service, as I have so little time right now, and I'm limited to US/Canada.
Just a heads up, but there's a little inductor on the mainboard, which I figure is part of a buck/boost circuit, near the NAND chip. Avoid letting wires go anywhere near there, or you'll be faced with random lockups.

StandardBus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  • Hardmod + fakeSD cable: 30 euro
  • Hardmod + fakeSD cable + eMMC compatible card reader: 35 euro
Add +3 euro for each extra fakeSD cable, if you want it.
Shipping not included, It's 12 euro for tracked mail (~5-7 days)

My hardmod are already interchangeable between DSi and 3DS (maybe also Wii U soon)
Check out my 3DS repairs and hardmod installations: https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/page-5#post-6222740 (click "show" on the "standardbus mod gallery" spoiler

The hardmod allow users to make a full backup of the eMMC flash memory inside the console using a PC.
Firmware, system and data are inside it, and this allows also to downgrade the system version to a previously backupped one. Every update can be reverted if you have an older backup + hardmod (this is mainly for 3DS users, anyway), also if Nintendo patched all known exploits, becouse hardmod relies on hardware modifications on the console, and not on software flaws.
The hardmod can save console from all software bricks, but not from ones caused from physical console fault.

Last edited by StandardBus,
Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll need an exploitable game (Sudoku, Fieldrunners, Legends of Exidia or Guitar hero) in order to run DSi/DS homebrew via the SD card.
I think that in 1.4.1, Nintendo patched the ability to copy the exploitable games from the SD to the DSi.

Only way to do it is to downgrade it so you be able to copy them again.

nocash123

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
What I'd like to be able to do is run homebrew in ds mode would this my dsi is running 1.4.1e
For the DSi, you would need a "DSi compatible" flashcart for that (that kind of flashcarts can run only DS code, not DSi code).
The DSi is booting up slower and it's much more uncomfortable than the NDS. So if you do only want to run DS code, then I would recommend to use a NDS or NDS-Lite console, and a normal NDS flashcart.

Lord_Friky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe this list would be useful again since not all DSi has Flipnote installed

In that case, what would be necessary to be on that list? I'm interested

Lmaokernel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone in the US offering this service?
I have 2 DSi that need hardmods. 1 is bricked but I have a nand backup and the other just needs a nand restore since I lost flipnote on an attempted dsiware inject. Have the nand for that as well.

Would really appreciate it since the points are so tiny and my hands are too shaky for all that mess

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo