Hacking DSi from the Phillipines?

13375p34k3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, its been far too long since I've posted on these forums. Partly because I bought a PSP, which to be honest SUCKS and is a huge waste of money and time, but that rants for another time I guess. The other reason why I haven't been posting on this site is because my sister decided to sell *her* DSL. ( more like my DSL since she barely had a chance to use it when i hogged it 24/7 )

Anyways I've recently saved up some cash and was thinking about purchasing a DSi, since I had LOADS of fun with my sister's DSL. Plus my current handheld *gaming* system, if you can even call the PSP that, hasn't been touched for ages. Now the thing is I'm going on this huge 6 week Asian Vacation in one weeks time. One of the destinations on my trip being the Phillipines. So my question is if I purchase a DSi in the Phillipines will I be able to use it in Canada? I'm buying it from the Phillipines in the first place because $1 = 45 Pesos, and you can do the rest of the math... So hopefully someone here at GBAtemp lives in the Phillipines and can tell me a little bit more about the region settings on Phillipine DSi's. I'm thinking that the DSi should come in English since alot of Filipinos speak English, though at the same time Tagalog is their official language.

Ein-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK, DSis sold here are US Version, since many of the gaming shops here orders (by bulk, of course) at US-based gaming shops (I should know, because my friend works as a store clerk for that shop).

Also, one of the members in our message boards just bought his at Trinoma. And yes, it's US Version. Just buy it at malls like Trinoma, or SM Malls.

Last time I checked, the price of Nintendo DSi here is around P10,500 - P11,500, depending on the package. Will update later after I go to the mall.
smile.gif

Dialga.The.Maste

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSi in the Phillippines are almost all US version and can be used in Canada without worries in region locking and all are in English.

BTW:Price: About Php 12,900 with Itouch2 in Cebu City Php 11,000 Unit only.

13375p34k3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait a minute wouldn't that make the DSi more expensive in the Phillipines? That doesn't sound right at all... Would it be better to get the DSi in China, Hong Kong, or Shanghai?

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
Most of the DSi's here are both Jap and Us versions. I dunno what region you use in Canada but I think the US version would do. About the language setting, I think both regions have an English language in them but I don't think there's a tagalog version afaik XP

You've got no problem looking for one here it's just a matter of finding the cheapest one. DSi's here is ranging from 11-15,000 PHP (depending on the package and where you buy it).

13375p34k3r said:
Wait a minute wouldn't that make the DSi more expensive in the Phillipines? That doesn't sound right at all... Would it be better to get the DSi in China, Hong Kong, or Shanghai?

YEP pricey as it may look this is how the DSi priced it here but I think it's because it's 'somewhat' relatively new and it comes pack with a flashkard and a microSD so it's (DSi)8-9,000 PHP + 2000 (flashkard w/ 1-2GB microSD). Heck the PS3 here is priced waay to high around 30,000 PHP unit only, I saw a official bundles like Motor storm, Uncharted, Resistance bundle but it's priced more than that I think
tongue.gif

Ein-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trust me, you wouldn't want to buy at China. One of the members in our forums regularly curses China (no, he's not a racist) just because he got his (DS Lite) at China, only to have it regularly repaired at malls here.

Also, @naglaro00, it costs P11,500 at Toy Kingdom last time I checked, and that was last 2 months.

Oh wait, here's an update. RockSoft Online sells US Version DSis for P9,500. There's a catch though, they have no shops at malls and the only way to buy one is to go to their residence, or pay online.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ein-kun said:
Trust me, you wouldn't want to buy at China. One of the members in our forums regularly curses China (no, he's not a racist) just because he got his (DS Lite) at China, only to have it regularly repaired at malls here.

Also, @naglaro00, it costs P11,500 at Toy Kingdom last time I checked, and that was last 2 months.
Lol dunno, last time I checked it was that expensive :S

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, sorry 13375p34k3r, but that math needs a little more doing.

If you buy in the Philippines, you also pay for the cost of shipping across continents. And the shops are pretty much shameless in trying to gouge you, especially since the DSi is a hot new product. Don't even think about buying from mall shops, they inflate the prices by 20% sometimes. Some will bundle a flashcart-i + microsd for you so you don't feel too ripped off. Maybe give you an extra stylus or two, a strap or a case of your choice (these are one of the better deals, imho). Not trying to be rude here, just truthful.

Ok fine, math: Php 12 000 (avg price) divided by 45 equals ... $240, you MIGHT get a DSTTi/AK2i plus 2 gig at that price, if it was a hobby shop.

As opposed to gamebygame: $170 DSi plus $24 Acekard2i plus $15 2 gig MicroSD plus shipping.

I think my math is just about right.

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OT: I saw a PC shop near me having a sale of the OLD 20 gig PS3 (the one with BC) selling for, get this, Php 12K. No one's buying the ONE unit on sale. If they only knew how rare it actually is.. too bad no one's buying still, mainly cause it hasn't been hacked, hah.

13375p34k3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh I don't need to worry bout shipping since I'm actually going to the Phillipines. However I have to agree it doesn't seem like much of a deal anymore. I guess we can blame the growing Asian Economy for that.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Sir Anya618 is selling NIntendo DSi for Php9,000 free shipping. look him in www.pinoy-n.com

http://www.pinoy-n.com/forums/fs-nintendo-...le-vt11762.html

QUOTE said:
9000pesos na lang FREE SHIPPING
2 black units left
look on the second page of the thread

while you are on the site, look for my name as Cool_Trainer_Wil

limited stocks only

Go to Celtex in Theater Mall in Greenhills for Php 8,800 and check the unit very well.

For Nintendo DSi Philippine related, contact me +63-908-324 - what the hell, you dont have a philippine phone to text me. or just PM me.

PHP 48.5 = US$ 1

I can give you the map of both Rocksoftonline and Sir Anya618 and Theater Mall. They're both reliable shops.

I have a US DSi bought from Celtex

US Made DSi are both USA and Canadian.

I want people to buy things that suits their style and save more money as Im also a poor guy who saved up for this little baby of mine - Nintendo DSi. I got the cheapest deals. I can direct you on the same path I made and save yourself money here in the Philippines.

So far, there are no fake DSi but Ive seen FAKE DS Lites

where to buy an acekard 2i and DSi protective gears like crystal case?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=163...p;#entry2073219

where to buy a DSi at the very very very very very very very very cheap deals in Manila with very very very very very very evry strong scree protector?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uksg8cwntl4
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157019&hl=

if you cant go to the mall in greenhills (which I doubt since you'll be arriving in manila), try sir anya's Php9,000 free shipping and will take you one day of shipping after receiving your payment

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chris_Skylock said:
Sir Anya618 is selling NIntendo DSi for Php9,000 free shipping. look him in www.pinoy-n.com

http://www.pinoy-n.com/forums/fs-nintendo-...le-vt11762.html

QUOTE said:
9000pesos na lang FREE SHIPPING
2 black units left
look on the second page of the thread

while you are on the site, look for my name as Cool_Trainer_Wil

limited stocks only

Go to Celtex in Theater Mall in Greenhills for Php 8,800 and check the unit very well.

For Nintendo DSi Philippine related, contact me +63-908-324 - what the hell, you dont have a philippine phone to text me.

PHP 48.5 = US$ 1

I can give you the map of both Rocksoftonline and Sir Anya618 and Theater Mall. They're both reliable shops.

I have a US DSi bought from Celtex

US Made DSi are both USA and Canadian.
WOAH
Now I'm wondering if I should save money for DSi or SoulSilver... uhh such a small world

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
forgot to mention that you can go to sir anya's GRAN PRIX Tire Shop in Edsa Pasong Tamo (forgot but I will confirm it if you ask) it's along Edsa. ride an MRT train and stop at Magallanes and ride a jeep or bus and and straight. I'll direct you there if you are interested in Sir Anya618. Look for his address in pinoy-n in Toom Nook Bazaar and you can see the Aya618 Donut Shop category

QUOTE said:
pick up points can either be of the following:
1. at my shop along edsa pasay (mondays to saturdays 8am to 6pm)

GRAND PRIX TIRE SUPPLY
755 edsa pasay city
corner wood st.
near pinoy pamilya club (formerly anito classic motel - someone from the forum knows this by heart ) and millionaires court
nasa right side if coming from makati
the shop is located between magallanes mrt and edsa taft mrt stations
telephone numbers:
personal wireless landline:
cellphone number:

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I went to SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City, I'm pretty sure I saw lots of Japanese DSis sitting in stores. Then again, the last time I went to the Philippines was last December, and the US DSi wasn't released yet.
Oh, and I've seen stores in Quezon City where they were bundling PAL (Austrailian) 360 games with unmodified NTSC (US) 360s.

13375p34k3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I'm not sure if I should get it in the Phillipines anymore... The last time I visited Manilla like 5 years ago everything was rediculously cheap. Now... the cost of living has gone up or something and its much more expensive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi