• Views 8,008
  • Replies 52

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
@98otiss I can't help you de-brick but could you upload your original NAND dump and the modified NAND that bricked your DSi? just curious to know what exactly caused the brick, might help others not to make the same mistake.

Last edited by JimmyZ,
Reactions: saphiren

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dpad_5678 and @98otiss ddi you guys use the scripts that I packaged in my guide (or the ones that Gadorach packaged in his guide, since they're the same)? Gadorach made them so they would always point to a different filename for encryption/decryption to avoid running it twice and encrypting incorrectly.

Last edited by ThisIsDaAccount,

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dpad_5678 and @98otiss ddi you guys use the scripts that I packaged in my guide (or the ones that Gadorach packaged in his guide, since they're the same)? Gadorach made them so they would always point to a different filename for encryption/decryption to avoid running it twice and encrypting incorrectly.
Yes, we used your scripts. We checked to see if that NAND was decrypted (seeing if it would mount properly in OSFMount), and then encrypting it and making a copy of it, renaming the copy to DSi-1.mmc, and testing it out in No$Cash. Everything appeared to be fine.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, we used your scripts. We checked to see if that NAND was decrypted (seeing if it would mount properly in OSFMount), and then encrypting it and making a copy of it, renaming the copy to DSi-1.mmc, and testing it out in No$Cash. Everything appeared to be fine.
Dang, that's really strange.

@98otiss, another thing I forgot to mention is that Gadorach from this site runs a reasonably priced hardmod service, which might work out for you since it seems you are also in Canada and have a DSi XL (which he charges less for). I recommend you talk to him if you can get access to the mail, since I've heard good things about his service and I would've gotten it myself if the shipping from the US hadn't been so expensive.

saphiren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, you said you tested it out in No$GBA - this requires that you append the footer with your CID to the end of the NAND image. Did you remove the footer before flashing the image?

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, you said you tested it out in No$GBA - this requires that you append the footer with your CID to the end of the NAND image. Did you remove the footer before flashing the image?
Yes, I mentioned a made a copy of the encrypted NAND and added the footer to THAT, and THEN we restored the original copy of the encrypted NAND.

D

Deleted User

OP
Dang, that's really strange.

@98otiss, another thing I forgot to mention is that Gadorach from this site runs a reasonably priced hardmod service, which might work out for you since it seems you are also in Canada and have a DSi XL (which he charges less for). I recommend you talk to him if you can get access to the mail, since I've heard good things about his service and I would've gotten it myself if the shipping from the US hadn't been so expensive.
Welp, in the future I'll try that. It sucks not having a DSi (XL) because I like to test DS homebrew and it boots fast where the 3DS takes 1-2 minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage