EmeraldEx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE said:
Q: In camera mode when I am moving my DSi the view of the camera seems to move very slow...why is this?
A: They are .3 Megapixel cameras...so they're only as good as about cell phone cameras.
Lol, the standard cell phone camera is 2MP, as opposed to 0.3MP.

Mine personally is 5MP and Sony Ericsson released a 12MP one.

DSi has horrible quality cameras, nowhere near the standard of cell phones.

B

ball2012003

the cameras aren't horrible
they're alright
have you actually seen one in person
or are you just saying

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes.
Apparently the OP forgot to add that you can soft-reset to the DSi Menu by just pressing the Power button.
Hold the button to turn it off.

Malboro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
EmeraldEx said:
QUOTE said:
Q: In camera mode when I am moving my DSi the view of the camera seems to move very slow...why is this?
A: They are .3 Megapixel cameras...so they're only as good as about cell phone cameras.

More MP has nothing to do with better quality.

EDIT:
Unfortunately, the number of megapixels (MP) a camera has very little to do with how the image looks. Even worse, plenty of lower MP cameras can make better images than poorer cameras with more MP.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wchill said:
Yes.
Apparently the OP forgot to add that you can soft-reset to the DSi Menu by just pressing the Power button.
Hold the button to turn it off.

Um...I'm actually pretty certain I included that...hmmm...I'll go check it.

Oh yah and I'm back from Six flags.

Anyways, thanks Szyslak for keeping this topic in order a little bit while I was gone.

I will be adding a question about how whenever you goto the System Update button it always tells you there's an update available (even if you have the latest update).

Is there anything worth adding to the FAQ that I missed while I was gone?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has not announced any portable Virtual Console as of yet. Its highly possible they will in the future but its no way confirmed. The news of that came from a couple of PR reps at Game stop's DSi midnight launches. I really wouldn't consider that reliable. Just wait for Iwata or someone to confirm it. Hell I saw a video on IGN of an interview with one of those PR reps at a midnight launch. One of them actually "confirmed" the DSi would use UMDs.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Nintendo has not announced any portable Virtual Console as of yet. Its highly possible they will in the future but its no way confirmed. The news of that came from a couple of PR reps at Game stop's DSi midnight launches. I really wouldn't consider that reliable. Just wait for Iwata or someone to confirm it. Hell I saw a video on IGN of an interview with one of those PR reps at a midnight launch. One of them actually "confirmed" the DSi would use UMDs.

Hmm...I know about the original article saying that it was planned...but I also saw another article somewhere saying that Nintendo confirmed it. But of course I can't find it anywhere now...

I'll change it to being a possibility in the FAQ.

Also I added a question about SDHC support since I've seen alot of questions about whether or not SDHC is supported.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
dinofan01 said:

Hmm...I know about the original article saying that it was planned...but I also saw another article somewhere saying that Nintendo confirmed it. But of course I can't find it anywhere now...

I'll change it to being a possibility in the FAQ.

Also I added a question about SDHC support since I've seen alot of questions about whether or not SDHC is supported.
Source. Just in case.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that ^^

Also does anyone know of any way I could request to get this stickied without making the team mad or ticked off at me? Or do I just wait for some Moderator to notice it and see.

It's just a hastle to check this topic every 5 minutes to make sure it's not pushed to like the next page, because I really want people to see this FAQ and learn from it so they can stop with the repeated topics and be more informed about their possible purchase/use of the DSi.

rObOu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Q: What are the current colors out?
A: In all regions there are 5 colors (that I know of), Matte Black, White(Japan Only Currently), Lime Green (Japan Only Currently), Pink(Japan Only Currently), Metallic Blue(Japan Only Currently), and Cyan Blue. The US has Black and Cyan Blue currently.
Europe (well, France at least), has not the Cyan Blue color but has the White one instead.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JDMEVOIXMR said:
Could we possibly use a 1000 mAh or 2000 mAh battery to extend battery life?

Yes you can, but I suggest not getting them from third party manufacturers because they aren't ussually reliable.

rObOu said:
QUOTEQ: What are the current colors out?
A: In all regions there are 5 colors (that I know of), Matte Black, White(Japan Only Currently), Lime Green (Japan Only Currently), Pink(Japan Only Currently), Metallic Blue(Japan Only Currently), and Cyan Blue. The US has Black and Cyan Blue currently.
Europe (well, France at least), doesn't has Cyan Blue but has the White DSi instead.

Ok thankyou for that, I'll update the FAQ with that info.

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Malboro said:
EmeraldEx said:
QUOTE said:

More MP has nothing to do with better quality.

EDIT:
Unfortunately, the number of megapixels (MP) a camera has very little to do with how the image looks. Even worse, plenty of lower MP cameras can make better images than poorer cameras with more MP.

thank YOU!!! people do not realize that... so what that i can make bigger picutures... if they are just going to be bigger crap...
lens people... plus optimization software.

paulo_jr_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anybody know if the homebrews made for NDSL are working on the NDSi? ( ex: ds reader, ComicBookDS, Ipod Clone, etc....)

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
paulo_jr_ said:
does anybody know if the homebrews made for NDSL are working on the NDSi? ( ex: ds reader, ComicBookDS, Ipod Clone, etc....)

They should work if you have a quality, DSi compatible flashcart with good homebrew compatibility.

QUOTE(anaxs @ Apr 13 2009, 09:26 PM) i meant to right faq...really srry....never to u delta burnt

No problem I understand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want...