OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Opened my DSi again to try to clean the shoulder contacts.

Now I find the screens have a habit of going "down", that is their brightness goes down a bit, they kinda' flicker and have lines.

Does anybody know of some decent screenshots of what is exactly what on the DSi? For example which connectors go where, where the backlight connector is and shit like that?

320x240 youtube pictures are no good.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'm just going to send it in and hope that they fix it for free...
EDIT2: Nevermind, their "bottom screen looks different than the top" is a free fix, but the "lines on both screens" is a $50 charge...

So back to trying to fix it myself and hoping it's just a loose connection somewhere.

EDIT3: When it FIRST turns on, during that first second where it displays nothing, it's fine. Then when it starts displaying the Nintendo/DS logo and health screen shit, that's when the bad crap starts... so here's hoping it's a ribbon cable issue.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
After taking apart several DS's, I can say it sounds like a ribbon cable, definitely. I would say make sure everything is hooked up right *things move around upon closing a DS* and try to ensure security of the DS's Ribbon cables.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
had the same issue with my Lite

... was a ribbon cable issue, but it was damaged in my case (may just be loose in your case) check on that

... i remember i swapped out for a new screen that day; regardless check if its connected well.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I can't get the motherboard out.

The little power connector on the bottom-right (with a red and black cable going to the battery board) won't come out, and there's two ribbon cables holding it from the opposite corner... I can take the ribbon cables out, but I would not be able to put them back on as long as the power connector is still connected.

I'm just going to assume the "lines" they mean for the $50 charge are a broken/leaking LCD, send it in for a screen issue they'll fix for free, and hope to god they actually fix it even though they can see I've opened it...

EDIT: Got the power plug thing out, got the motherboard up... but I don't know what the fuck I'm even LOOKING for. I don't see any noticeable damage or scratches on any of the ribbon cables (and this is affecting both screens).

Just going to fucking send it in and hope they don't want $50 for it back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...