Hacking DSi: A Fad? Do you agree?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 7,197
  • Replies Replies 72

Is the DSi worth it?

  • Totally, it rocks more than pizza with cheese

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It sucks more than pizza without cheese

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunno, don't own one

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1
I can honestly say I'm enjoying the DSi experience thus far.
Aesthetically, the system is better than the DS Lite, the buttons are more responsive, the screens look better, and the matte finish looks fantastic.
The cameras are a gimmick, no doubt, but I always take my DSi outside so it's convenient to have a camera on hand, even for a simple web-friendly photo.
The DSiWare has been a pleasing experience for me, I enjoy a lot of full-fledged DS software as it is, the occasional cheap download that they offer each week has been fun. Loved the hell out of PiCTOPiCT, and I'm still enjoying the occasional Sudoku puzzle.

Honestly? A good buy, although a pricey one. My only regret is having to ditch my beloved CycloDS for what I feel is an inferior Acekard 2i.
I have like, my PC, DS Lite, two GBASPs, my Wii, and soon enough a GP2X Wiz to play my GBA games anyway.
 
Well, so far, ibought it and regretted it. But if you ignore everything - think DSi as your first DS series console,then yea,its worth it.
 
DSi a fad? no i disagree
it should be DS is a norm
by average 1 out of every 60 people own a DS
smile.gif

the figure is still increasing
 
I can honestly say that I am not enjoying my DSi experience thus far... why? because I don't have a DSi
tongue.gif
... I'm still thinking of what I should get the PSP Go! when it is released or the DSi... I'm thinking PSP Go! at the moment because I have all the other PSPs.
 
GET PSP 3000 not GO!!!!
boycott GO!
however, since you are a PSP collector just grab it then
tongue.gif


actually, is DSi ware cool?
thats one of the reason holding me back on getting it
furthermore, can i purchase DSi points online?

EDIT: i am considering getting a DSi bundle pack for SAGA2
 
DSi isn't a fad. We still have to wait for some DSi games that use the extra power the DSi has to come out and the DSiWare is also really nice in the meantime. And to the people complaining they don't have a GBA slot anymore: fuck you! If you still want to play GBA games then keep your GBA/ DS or buy a secondhand one! Seriously, there's not even that may games that actually make use of the DS's GBA slot: Pokémon, Guitar Hero, Walk with me and some shovelware, so who cares if there is a GBA slot or not?
sleep.gif
 
Well, my dad has a DSi. From what I've seen, it's got interesting features (the web browser is pretty decent, actually), but not enough for me to dish out the extra bucks for it. The DSiWare so far is pretty much crap (although Mario vs. DK and WarioWare were heard to be decent, but most everything else is clocks and calculators), and the DSi-specific games so far are dumb (COOKING COACH OMG!). Until they make a major, genius release for the DSi, I don't see the point.

Although I am a fan of the monster-sized stylus. My old DS Phat syli (isn't that plural for stylus) are way too small and leave indents on my hands if I'm play a touch-heavy game, like FPS ones.
 
The only reason why I bought a Nintendo DSi is because it's my first DS.
I've never owned a DS before my DSi.
..and luckily I got a flashcart 1 week after, or else I would die playing with the camera.
I do enjoy the music player, I use it every day.
Mostly because about 1 month before getting the Nintendo DSi, my Creative ZEN Mp3 player broke.
So it's my only media player with expandable memory.
Lol.
 
The camera and audio playback isn't the selling point, it's the DSiWare Store. Anyone with current gen consoles will know how smaller downloadable titles can be just as fun, if not much more innovative, than retail releases. The DSi already has March of the Minis, Mighty Flip Champs, Ghostwire, Dragon Quest Wars, Mecho Wars, Flipnote Studio and PiCTOPiCT lined up - so there's no reason why we can't see the DSi get its own Braid, or Fat Princess or even Savage Moon. With the inevitable Virtual Handheld, as well, - which should have games from every major handheld ever released before the DS - it's becoming pretty obvious that the DSiWare is going to be massive.

If people are really going to ignore the benefits of DSiWare just because the console lacks backwards compatibility, then I feel sorry for them. They're missing out big time.
 
Kingfield said:
If it didnt have the extra processing power then yes.

But since it does, no.
Is it something so significant, that developer would develop something just for dsi and abandon the "other" install base (people who have only dsphat and dslite)? I sure don`t think so. So I really don`t have any idea why they needed to upgrade the processing power. But if this will be the case and there will be exclusive retail-software for dsi with improvements in capability in-game than it sure isn`t a fad (and I would need to buy one!).

So till than it`s still a fad for "upgraders"...
 
I prefer the Slot2 over the cameras, but I really wish the DS Lite could use WPA wi-fi security. WEP only... BAH
 
bwillb said:
I prefer the Slot2 over the cameras, but I really wish the DS Lite could use WPA wi-fi security. WEP only... BAH

Still kinda useless since the old (and even new ones that are not DSi enhanced) don't even support WPA. that's the biggest suckage.
 
I had 3 gba/sp and a ds, no complains on backward compatiblity here.

But heres my complain - Why is the DSiwares (which are small and cost little) actually better than ANY of the comercial released carts out there?

No one just making a good game for the DSi yet - not even nintendo themself is juicing the power out of the DSi.

Until the big game companies start annoucing games on the DSi, it wll remain a fad to me.

(fine, i do love the extra features.)
 
nagareboshi said:
bwillb said:
I prefer the Slot2 over the cameras, but I really wish the DS Lite could use WPA wi-fi security. WEP only... BAH

Still kinda useless since the old (and even new ones that are not DSi enhanced) don't even support WPA. that's the biggest suckage.
wait, what? oh, are you talking about the usb wifi adapter thing? eh... I've got a wifi router but it only really works well on WPA2.
 

Site & Scene News