DS #XXXX: R4i (China)

Shichibukai

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2008
Messages
184
Trophies
0
Location
Teeworlds!
Website
Visit site
XP
99
Country
This?
index.php
 

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
2,161
Trophies
1
Age
33
Website
normmatt.com
XP
2,243
Country
New Zealand
Behold the AK2i bootloader in all it's glory.

EDIT: AK2i does not piggy back off a commercial games header like the other DSi flashcarts as far as I know so the NFO is wrong as far as I'm concerned.
 

Slave

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2006
Messages
400
Trophies
0
Location
Montreal, Quebec.
Website
Visit site
XP
411
Country
Canada
So R4 team doesnt even support their very own cards anymore... BUT they manage to make it run on the DSi now? WTH?
wacko.gif

Anyway I got rid of my R4... no point keeping it if R4 team didnt even support it... how can they expect people to go for the R4i if smart people know the R4 team never shown good support on the original R4? They made a bad rep and expect people to hop in?
blink.gif
 

weiff

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2006
Messages
221
Trophies
0
XP
456
Country
Does anyone else see what I see?


There is a URL on the cart and the box... both are obstructed and not readable... but neither one of them says just http://www.r4.cn. There is something else written after it.


Anybody want to stab at what is really says?


EDIT: From EMUBoards,

A new flashcart which is compatible with the DSi has been released. It claims to be by the R4 team but I have been talking to a contact who says these are unofficial clones, the real R4i will be available in the future but for now any of these are clones... so you have been warned! This cart claims the following features:

- SLOT-1 flash card supporting the latest Nintendo DSi/NDSi console (also supports NDS and NDS Lite)
- Same size as an original cards
- Supports SDHC microsd/transflash TF memory cards
- Multi-media features
- Runs that homebrew and games
- Multilingual interface (simply download system files in the desired langauge)
- Currently features English, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) menu system languages
- Intuitive touch screen menu system
- USB 2.0 TF card reader/writer included

Let the new Clone War begin......... again.



EDIT EDIT:

This is the site: http://www.r4ultra.com/


Still a clone.
 

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2008
Messages
2,043
Trophies
0
Age
28
XP
1,038
weiff said:
the real R4i will be available in the future but for now any of these are clones... so you have been warned!
really? does r4 team have enough money to go back into buisness? i think not.....
 

EasyEEE

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Aug 1, 2008
Messages
17
Trophies
0
XP
9
Country
United States
I'm sure once the DSi carts are out in full swing, Nintendo will pull a fast one, if they've learned anything. I certainly won't be an earlier adopter of the DSi nor a first gen flash cart for it.

And yeah, I think we've beaten the dead horse enough, but, anything with R4 on it is a clone.. and/or a different/new product made by some unknown company - read: lack of support.
 

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
12,739
Trophies
2
Age
36
XP
7,470
Country
United States
EasyEEE said:
I'm sure once the DSi carts are out in full swing, Nintendo will pull a fast one, if they've learned anything. I certainly won't be an earlier adopter of the DSi nor a first gen flash cart for it.

And yeah, I think we've beaten the dead horse enough, but, anything with R4 on it is a clone.. and/or a different/new product made by some unknown company - read: lack of support.
prepare for
R4i Upgrade, R4i Ultra, R4i Xtreme, R4i (inserts words here to make n00bs buy it)
smileipb2.png
 

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
2,060
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
110
Country
Senegal
Joe88 said:
EasyEEE said:
I'm sure once the DSi carts are out in full swing, Nintendo will pull a fast one, if they've learned anything. I certainly won't be an earlier adopter of the DSi nor a first gen flash cart for it.

And yeah, I think we've beaten the dead horse enough, but, anything with R4 on it is a clone.. and/or a different/new product made by some unknown company - read: lack of support.
prepare for
R4i Upgrade, R4i Ultra, R4i Xtreme, R4i (inserts words here to make n00bs buy it)
smileipb2.png


GBAi
smileipb2.png


QUOTE
wow omg r4 is best card ever i got r4 iii its so awesom
but only barbies work with it lol
smileipb2.png

go get yourself a toni made avatar
 

cubin'

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,865
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
130
Country
Reaper said:
wow omg r4 is best card ever i got r4 iii its so awesom
but only barbies work with it lol


lawl..

If i was buying a new flashcart I'd probably get something a bit newer but my R4 still works fine. All the recent games I've tried on it work, so no reason for me personally to upgrade
gbasp.gif
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice