DS #XXXX: EZ-FLASH Vi (China)

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
They still did the same as the DSTT team. They used a rom to get the flashcard working on the DSi.

2rc4n41.jpg

amgupt01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming this isn't the type of ROM that you can just put on an Acekard and test out the EZFlash interface, right?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This basically means that this DSi compatible flashcarts is actually illegal, doesn't it?

Since it's distribution of an illegally modified commercial rom.

amgupt01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
This basically means that this DSi compatible flashcarts is actually illegal, doesn't it?

Well if I understood correctly, I think it's just that they modified the header of the firmware to match that of an illegal commercial ROM. They don't actually include the ROM or use it's code... But knowing me, I'm probably wrong. :-P

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
amgupt01 said:
RupeeClock said:

Well if I understood correctly, I think it's just that they modified the header of the firmware to match that of an illegal commercial ROM. They don't actually include the ROM or use it's code... But knowing me, I'm probably wrong. :-P
In the DSTT dump, the original files from the rom were still there! I don't know about the AK2i or EZVi though.

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok nice to know that those cards make use of official rom data to make them compatible with the DSi
blink.gif
But what does that mean for the long term compatibility of the card and what does this say about the developers (besides the fact that it might be illegal in some cases)
wacko.gif

D

Deleted User

Its similar to how the original PassMe worked by faking the header of a commercial game.

H2fans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
JLsoft said:
DieForIt said:
It was still the Fish Tycoon Rom.
dry.gif

D'oh, guess I read Yasu's page wrong :/

Next up: 'R4'i dumping
No, Yasu is right.
AK2i use FIFA, but AK2i has a check, if u run it on DSL, u will get a fake header as the NRP dump. But it's actually FIFA.
And DSTTi use Fish Tycoon Rom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: