DS #XXXX: CycloDS Evolution (v3) (China)

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
phoenixtaku said:
Tanas said:
It does nothing?

It does everything, without it your cyclods wouldn't boot up at all
tongue.gif

Anywho this is a dump of the new cyclods bootloader that runs the firmware from the microsd right? if so i smell the edge having rts and ingame menu soon
tongue.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
phoenixtaku said:
Tanas said:
It does nothing?

tongue.gif

Anywho this is a dump of the new cyclods bootloader that runs the firmware from the microsd right? if so i smell the edge having rts and ingame menu soon
tongue.gif
It is useless and now good to anyone , you might as well give the EDGE team a firmware dump of my TV and let them try and figure out how to make an ingame menu using that.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Tanas said:
Normmatt said:
phoenixtaku said:
Tanas said:
It does nothing?

tongue.gif

tongue.gif
It is useless and now good to anyone , you might as well give the EDGE team a firmware dump of my TV and let them try and figure out how to make an ingame menu using that.

No it is useful if it loads the cyclods firmware from the microsd instead of the internal memory the edge team can hack it to work on their cart MUCH easier and the bootloader provides them with the decryption they need to decrypt the cyclods firmware stored on the microsd

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eltrut said:
Are v3 cyclos white? i think i have a v2 and it is black.

also, what was changed v2-v3?
v3 have better build quality you can tell which one you have if it has bite mark looking things on the side it's a v3

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Tanas said:
Normmatt said:
phoenixtaku said:
Tanas said:
It does nothing?

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

No it is useful if it loads the cyclods firmware from the microsd instead of the internal memory the edge team can hack it to work on their cart MUCH easier and the bootloader provides them with the decryption they need to decrypt the cyclods firmware stored on the microsd

It is useless as anyone who is anyone can easily dump a flashcard's firmwware using homebrew. So the EDGE team had been able to dump the CycloDS firmware anytime they wanted. This isn't exactly difficult stuff here. Also all this is the boot loader thats stored on the flashcart that loads the firmware on the MicroSD card.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Narin said:
Normmatt said:
Tanas said:
Normmatt said:
phoenixtaku said:
Tanas said:
It does nothing?

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

It is useless as anyone who is anyone can easily dump a flashcard's firmwware using homebrew. So the EDGE team had been able to dump the CycloDS firmware anytime they wanted. This isn't exactly difficult stuff here. Also all this is the boot loader thats stored on the flashcart that loads the firmware on the MicroSD card.

The cyclods has a bootloader like any other cart which is all that can be dumped by the rom dumper tools, the actual firmware is stored on a different on board memory chip which hasn't been dumped as far as i know, if this new version works the way i've been told it will load the firmware off the microsd meaning anyone could potentially disassemble the cyclods firmware
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ,