DS-Xtreme 4 Gbit in hand!

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Thank you very much for testing that, Costello. Sorry that I managed to completely overread your previous homebrew remarks.

I still wonder how DS-X does that... most likely on-the-fly patching of homebrew libraries? Would be interesting to see how versatile this patching algorithm is, if new versions of homebrew libs still work or if they need some kind of firmware upgrade?

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WTF 120$? doesnt boot supercard/m3? no micro-sd? no way!

thanx to costello und shaun for their effort and answering questions!

mars

bay0man

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i remember when ds came out people said that iw aws not pos sible to make slot 1 flashcartttttt!1
smile.gif

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doesnt boot supercard/m3? no micro-sd? no way!
It will boot them in the next firmware update which should be available to us for testing very soon.

i remember them saying no patching/updating/whatsoever needed. and now they start updating this early. i dont see the advantage over other cards, fine, you need no patching, if a game doesnt run simply update the firmware...
wink.gif

their only advantage, no patching/updating is gone for me.
and its the most expensive card out their, even a m3 with passcard and micro sd is cheaper, plays gba too.

again, good community support from you guys, thats nice too see, but for me the card is way to overhyped.

mars

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't really matter to me what it boots personally, flashme will always be the best option. What I'm looking forward to is Shaun's compatibility tests of this no patching system I keep hearing about. Also yeah, 512mbyte is definitely enough for games but definitely not enough for homebrew etc....so I'd wait for a bigger version like the new g6 or one with transflash (oh wait that's right, that's supposed to be acecard). Good job on first hand impressions and I look foward to seeing your reviews.

monaug5

Trophies
Website
www.infiniteworkers.co.uk
XP
Country
Firmware updates is the only software we will need to care about about and thats what gives us the piece of mind and it is overhyped because it covers virtually every base except .gba and more or less video playback however eventually i believe a gba emulator will happen.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounding good! But I think I'll stick to my M3 for a few reasons...

1. Bigger storage space. I keep a variety of titles on my cart such as Osu Tatakae Ouendan, Brain Training, Dictionaries and Kanji Training so 512MB isn't good enough for me. Need space to try out new ROMs too
biggrin.gif

2. M3 has GBA-DS Link for those unlockables such as in the Japanese version of Phoenix Wright. It meant I didn't have to replay the 4 cases just to play the exclusive fifth.

3. REIN only works with SC and M3 just now so if I went for other carts, I can't put my flashcart saved file back onto the original DS card when I buy the game.

4. Why buy another when you already have a cart that does the job
wink.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Firmware updates is the only software we will need to care about about and thats what gives us the piece of mind and it is overhyped because it covers virtually every base except .gba and more or less video playback however eventually i believe a gba emulator will happen.

Keep praying to whoever you worship because no one in the right mind (even with all the free time in the world) would attempt or even bother with a gba emulator for the ds....that is just absolute nonsense.

monaug5

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
3. REIN only works with SC and M3 just now so if I went for other carts, I can't put my flashcart saved file back onto the original DS card when I buy the game.

4. Why buy another when you already have a cart that does the job

thats what you say well:

how do you know REIN doesnt work and the M3 is far from perfect

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how do you know REIN doesnt work and the M3 is far from perfect

hmm lets see

- 100% nds compatible if you keep firmware/gm uptodate? checked
- 100% gba compatible? no, only 99,9%. FAR from perfect
wink.gif

- no slowdowns? checked
- good homebrew support? checked. fat libs have been released, will be perfect soon.

the m3 is NOT perfect, but as close as you can get, and its far from being "far from perfect".

mars

cyesergio

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ultimate Spider-Man (U) works but is buggy.

Spyro - Shadow Legacy (E) but is laggy

the ds-x works with those two i could go on about the cons of the M3

go on!

mars

Not to butt in or anything...but dude seriously how old are you? This thread is about the UPCOMiNG DS-X review...you don't even have one yet! Yet you come in here and bash the card like it raped and killed your fam!
Maybe this card isn't your cup of tea but obviously there's a market for...
You just seriously exposed yourself as a 12 year old.

carry on...

monaug5

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
well i guess so mate but really if i did lists the bad stuff about a M3 and it would happen to be fact and not opinion then people would really stay away from the M3 as it would be seen as too expensive for what it is capable and not capable of doing

cyesergio i am not 12 yr i am 15 and secondly mar77 though that the M3 was better than the DS-X in some ways so i listed 2 games that were not fully working on the M3 the way they should be.

CronoTrig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
doesnt boot supercard/m3? no micro-sd? no way!
It will boot them in the next firmware update which should be available to us for testing very soon.

i remember them saying no patching/updating/whatsoever needed. and now they start updating this early. i dont see the advantage over other cards, fine, you need no patching, if a game doesnt run simply update the firmware...
wink.gif

their only advantage, no patching/updating is gone for me.
and its the most expensive card out their, even a m3 with passcard and micro sd is cheaper, plays gba too.

again, good community support from you guys, thats nice too see, but for me the card is way to overhyped.

mars

They said there would be no need to patch the actual game images, so clean ROMs will be able to be drag-and-dropped into the DS-X. You should really look at all the other features this cart offers before saying it's 'just another cart'. I'm sure if you spent the time reading what shaun posted about the product, you would realize just how much effort the DS-X team put into making this product. I'm not going to list everything, but the fact that the OS is customizeable to such an extent really astound me.

For all you people saying $120 is too much, just look at the support offered by the DS-X team. Any questions are promptly answered by a member of their team, the website is professional (and in proper English, too), and the finished product seems very high-quality. Sure it doesn't support SD, but do you REALLY need to carry more than 4-8 games at one time? And if you're saying that you need more memory for audio/video playback, I seriously don't think the DS is meant for it. Sure, having such a feature is nice, but the DS is by no means an iPod in terms of functionality, so it shouldn't be compared to it (in my opinion). I really think you guys should wait for a full review (and complete list of features) before saying the DS-X is just another cart like the rest of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging