Gaming DS Titles Due next week (14th-17th)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great in depth stuff there Hadrian. You should start a mag
biggrin.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't suck at them as much as I have no love or tolerance for the limiting and overly dragged out style of gameplay. It's not that I hated Ogre Battle at all, I just loathed having a damn battle take 3+hours to do (minor gripe being no direct control.)

I think really RTS's spoiled me because ever since I did Dune 2 in the day for MSDOS I have had next to no tolerances. I prefer when having a so-called war to be able to move my troops in battle as I see fit when I want to, like a real war works. The concept of turn based fighting where you can move, then fire your next turn, and so on I have no love for at all. Originally I found in games like Military Madness I didn't have much issue with it, but later titles I found the CPU AI was well stacked against the human player so that the CPU could see through fogs of war, just knew where you were with inhuman precision shots only a person could do on a wild guess, and other tardish behavior. I think it's the only thing in gaming I hate more than the lovely rubberband ai games like Ridge Racer popped into driving games.

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the two SRPGs look great. I'm getting both but I'm actually expecting to play Luminous Arc more, the multiplayer aspect sounds awesome.

Am I the only one who thinks Rune Factory looks like a pile of ****? Harvest Moon was never about fighting, that's what I loved about it. It was more about relaxing. This seems like they're trying to make it far too complicated. I'm going to wait for a real Harvest Moon game to come out again, if it ever does. I'm not holding my breath, but damn the old games were awesome.

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wow. I just read IGN's preview of Luminous Arc and I'm drooling already. It's about time a good strategy RPG came out...

Heroes is also sweet of course but I can't help being a turn-based junkie!
rofl2.gif
Thanks for the info, hadrian!

P

pasc

Jo ! hadrian ! me-do is back ! Wohoo ! That Mana Game looks alright, but I guess I will FF:RWXII ^^

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^That's how I feel. Sadly the traditional stuff is dying out due to impatient wankers and the action with rpg elements type crowds. I really wish there were some turn based titles but outside FF3 for now there's dick. Eventually Dragon Quest 4, 5, and 6 will pop up which is great as outside 4 they never left Japan and few owned 4 as it was out when the SNES was showing up in stores. That alone will be 3 solid traditional titles with a ton of hours to commit there, but that's no time soon. Sadly the GBA sorta went that way too if you discount the FF4-6 re-releases.

User200

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heros of Mana and Luminous Arc both look good. IMO no mana game is like the Secret of mana for the SNES but I've played most of them and i got to give credit were it deserves. Although The remakes of Lufia were pretty damn bad. Hopefully they can make one that can compare to when squaresoft made it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described