Homebrew DS reader: Fonts

Kkolko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How can I add fonts to DSReader? I have tried copying fonts from C:\WINDOWS\Fonts to the fonts folder in DSReader, but that didn't work. I think that is because the font in the folder already is in .bfont, while the fonts in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts are TrueType fonts.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Kkolko said:
How can I add fonts to DSReader? I have tried copying fonts from C:\WINDOWS\Fonts to the fonts folder in DSReader, but that didn't work. I think that is because the font in the folder already is in .bfont, while the fonts in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts are TrueType fonts.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance
smile.gif
Well, you can't add true type fonts to that because as it seems DSReader uses a custom format for the font.

Kkolko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, there are about 30 files in the 'Fonts' folder for just 1 font, and the fonts I copied were just 1 file each. Did I do something wrong?

I'm currently reformatting, so I'll try again when it's done.

Kkolko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I see what the problem is, I'm not using DSReader, it's ReadMore. Sorry guys, I was mistaken :/

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe there's a converter app that converts TTF fonts to BFONT format, but I never had much success with it. If you can't find it on the Readmore site, check the GBADev thread for it, as I'm pretty sure that's where I got it.

Kkolko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DanTheManMS said:
I believe there's a converter app that converts TTF fonts to BFONT format, but I never had much success with it. If you can't find it on the Readmore site, check the GBADev thread for it, as I'm pretty sure that's where I got it.
I've tried that one, it needs a Python interpreter and then it's just a command-line interface. I can't work with that
frown.gif

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've found a good link here: http://www.pentacom.jp/soft/ex/font/edit_canvas.html
You can make your own bitmap font, and save it as a TTF font. I made a tiny 3x5 font with it, and I can fit 60-65 characters on a landscape-oriented DS screen.
The fonts I generated from that site have problems in some other programs (really huge spaces or caret not matching up with the text), but it works perfectly in DSReader. The DS's screen is big enough and clear enough that you can make out each individual pixel.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kkolko said:
DanTheManMS said:
I've tried that one, it needs a Python interpreter and then it's just a command-line interface. I can't work with that
frown.gif

You're going to have to I'm afraid. That's the only way to get fonts into the BFONT format that ReadMore expects.

I made a tiny 3x5 font with it, and I can fit 60-65 characters on a landscape-oriented DS screen.
Heh, I did the exact same thing with the GBA ebook reader.
*points to his avatar* >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*