DS Phat touchscreen accuracy

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by pitoui, Jun 20, 2008.

Jun 20, 2008

DS Phat touchscreen accuracy by pitoui at 5:00 PM (821 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. pitoui
    OP

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hey guys I've had my Phat for a long while now and a few months ago the touchscreen has been stuffing up. When I try calibrate it, it never works.. I just keep going round and round and round... you get the picture. Anyway my question is, is there a way to fix this calibration issue without smashing the touch screen with my fist?

2. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    When calibrating try this, Touch the top left square in the centre, bottom right square in the centre and the middle square off centre to the right at bit. Your're unable to calibrate your screen correctly because it is faulty.

3. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I hear smashing it with your fist works quite well though... Although this would mean you would need a new one.

If it does not calibrate properly, I'm afraid that your touchscreen has had it.

You can buy a replacement screen for a reasonable price at www.dealextreme.com (they offer free shipping worldwide!), but that would involve opening your DS, so it might not be the option for you.

This might be a good time to upgrade to a lite [​IMG]