DS Organize and G6 lite

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Jayles, Jul 26, 2006.

Jul 26, 2006

DS Organize and G6 lite by Jayles at 2:24 PM (1,633 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Jayles
    OP

Newcomer Jayles Newbie

Featured Posts:
    France
    Hello everybody

I've made a search on the forum but i had an error, the search can't be performed, so excuse me if the problem has been discussed yet.

I can't get DS Orginize working with G6 lite (the chinese version, up to date). It seems that their is a problem with the file system. By default, the G6 is formated in FAT, i've tried FAT 32 but the problem is remaining.

It's quite strange because it works on my M3 mini SD, with a mini SD formated in FAT 32.

Any idea to fixe the problem ?

2. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    G6 and M3 FAT file reading are not the same.
    It doesn't currently work with G6 till the DS organizer developer would enable the file read support for the G6.

3. Jayles
    OP

Newcomer Jayles Newbie

Featured Posts:
    France
    Ok !

Thanks for your answer. I'll wait (and hope)

Do i have to put the FAT system back ? or can i use my G6 in FAT 32 ? it's not a problem to play, but i was wondering if there was a problem to apply the new firmwares

4. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    You can continue using FAT32 if you wish. Just keep in mind that you can only update when it's regular FAT.

5. Jayles
    OP

Newcomer Jayles Newbie

Featured Posts:
    France
    Ok thanks !

6. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    United States
    that's sad news to me, as I was really looking forward to using DSOrganize when I got my g6 lite?
    [​IMG]

7. ds6220

Member ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Yup, rough stuff. How wicked awesome would it be to be able to use DSOrganize to create a to-do list and then you could....like......go out and do it. Maybe you could keep all your contacts in there so that when you have to make a phone call all you have to do is boot up your DS and........or maybe a grocery list? How cool would that be to be able to pick out asparagus in the produce aisle and then cross it off your virtual list. It is so cool living in the future. [​IMG]

8. Jayles
    OP

Newcomer Jayles Newbie

Featured Posts:
    France
    [​IMG]

You can have more than just the phone number of your contacts ! i've got a very old celular phone and i just can record 50 phone numbers (no address or birthday...). You can also use it as a reminder, as you can handle you ds lite in a pocket, it's easy to use. I never have a piece of paper when i need it, but i can always have my DS. I think this kind of homebrew is usefull, no need to be so caricatural [​IMG] (ok i won't use it for a grocery list [​IMG])

maduin > I was also looking forward to using DSOrganize when I got my g6 lite [​IMG]

Just waiting for the english translation of the PDA fonction included in the G6 now. (or an update of DS Organize)

9. ds6220

Member ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    United States
    you are right, I should never post when it is late because things get out of hand and then I wake up with regrets. well, not regret so much as.......no idea, too early now. Is there ever a good time to post? [​IMG]

10. Jayles
    OP

Newcomer Jayles Newbie

Featured Posts:
    France
    I don't know if there is a better time to post, but i found your post funny !

I've got a new problem (witch is not a real problem). When i use my G6 to play GBA games, the name of the games is in chinese (for the NDS games, i can choose between the chinese name and the file name). It's not a real problem because each game is associated with an icon... but sometimes there is a problem with the associated icon ! It may be the wrong one, or it may not exist [​IMG]

It's not very important because i never have hundreds of GBA games on my G6... but i would like to add or change the icon, or to change the chinese name of the game to the file name. If you have any idea... [​IMG]

Thanks

11. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

Featured Posts:
    United States
    meh, good luck with that. i've never received any replies to the emails i've sent regarding gba listings