DS Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Wezkid, Dec 25, 2008.

Dec 25, 2008

DS Lite by Wezkid at 7:15 PM (966 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Wezkid
    OP

Newcomer Wezkid Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi i just got the DS Lite (Red) for christmas, and need some help on which DS card to get. My cousin has the R4DS (£35 with 1GB SD Card and 41 games on it), but I have heard you can get it much cheaper and there may be better versions. I just wanted to know which version is the best, as ive heard of the M3 and Edge, but don't understand the difference between them all. Should I just pay £35 for the R4DS or should I get a different version.
    Thanks

2. Nathan-NL

Member Nathan-NL GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    You should never get a R4DS anymore [​IMG]

3. Wezkid
    OP

Newcomer Wezkid Newbie

United Kingdom
    and whys that
    Thanks

4. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    No more firmware updates meaning that most of the latest games won't work, go here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=8 the guys at GBAtemp have picked up a load of flashcards and kindly reviewed them for us [​IMG]

5. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    When the R4 came out it was the model T of its time (bought flashcarts to the masses). However the original is now obsolete, there will be no more official software just a larger and larger selection of work arounds.

There are now 9 flashcarts using the R4 name, most cheap clones some even using parts of the original code, some are OK but most are not, but how do you know - choose something else instead is the easy answer.

There are now a multitude of excellent choices, so don't buy anything with the R4 name in unless you are sure of what you are doing, be very careful with DSTT as there are a large number of clones around that can now be blocked with the official software.

M3 Real, Edge CycloDS - are all good reliable choices

6. kevenka

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you have the cash, go for team Cyclops (cyclod DS) and if not, just get the edge or acecard II.
    The dif between cyclops and edge and acecard is the features of slow motion and Real time Save. Up to you if you really care that much but if you just want a good budget card, go for the acecard II.

Also, I think currently, only the cyclod can link up to the wii but I may be wrong.

7. Martiin

Member Martiin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    41 games on a 1gb microSDHC?
    hmmm.
    CylcoDS is a good, but rather expensive choice.
    DSTT is a very very cheap and reasonable quality flashcart, i guess the best deal.
    M3 Real really good firmware, cost almost as much as CylcoDS has best GUI (i think that's what its called) skin, making it the prettiest flashcart. (to my opinion)

8. Wezkid
    OP

Newcomer Wezkid Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thank or the help, the website I want to order the card from doesnt sell CycloDS, so its either Edge, TTDS or M3DS real

9. tonybologna

Member tonybologna GO VOLS!

United States
    DealExtreme has the best deals. However, they don't have the CycloDS for sell. I'm getting either the Acekard 2.1 or Edge when they get all the items I need in stock. Right now, they don't have the Kingston SDHC MC I need so I'm gonna wait to get everything at once. Thanks!

10. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    Buy it here. Great site.

EDIT: Beat to it!