Hacking Ds Lite keeps turning off randomly?

iu34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My ds lite has been sitting unused for a few months. I have an iTouch DS flash cart with the latest updated firmware. Before I started using it again recently, it was working fine. Now, it shuts off at random intervals while playing a game. I charged it all last night, and this morning it shut off about 4 times in a row. I also just formated the micro sd card before I installed the latest firmware. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Also, I'm the second or third owner, because I got it used at the local gamestop.

env

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't blame the flashcart, (old? )DSlite's have some issues on m.board placement inside near face buttons, I can confirm this 'coz I once have a faulty DSlite. (To think you're the third-hand owner. It's really obvious that it's an old DSlite model I guess.)

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, seems like my old ds phat, that battery isn't placed correctly, you can fix that yourself by opening the ds up.

iu34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing the ds seems to help, actually. First, it doesn't do it with all games. And since i've been playing the games that it did, it's been spacing the shut offs further apart. It actually hasn't shut itself off in a while. I think it just got cold sitting for so long and needed to be broken in again or something.

sinbad.the.saile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem with a ds lite. Theres something up with the motherboard and one of its chips. Not sure what. Bought a ds lite with its case and top screen broken and replaced the board. Works fine now...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol