Hardware DS Lite face button mushy, can't determine cause

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an old DS Lite lying around and the A button was very mushy compared to the other face buttons. I disassembled it up to the point pictured below and can't determine the cause of the problem. Any ideas? I've not yet attempted reassembling it.
IMG_20220107_162643.jpg

IMG_20220107_162723.jpg

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The rubber pad for those buttons (not shown in your pictures) could be the cause, you could try rotating it and seeing if the issue moves to one of the other buttons. Also, make sure that all of the screws are in the correct places and fully screwed it, and that the two plastic halves of the bottom part of the DS are closed together properly in all places.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rubber pad for those buttons (not shown in your pictures) could be the cause, you could try rotating it and seeing if the issue moves to one of the other buttons. Also, make sure that all of the screws are in the correct places and fully screwed it, and that the two plastic halves of the bottom part of the DS are closed together properly in all places.
I tried rotating the rubber part and it's the culprit, no visible wear or dirtiness but the corresponding button always feels wrong. I've ordered a replacement, thanks everyone for the help. Will update here if anything else goes awry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: