Neil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Just wondering if anyone has anything to say about the differently coloured DS Lites. Was wary of eg the black one getting mucky very easily.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if they did the black ds's without the reflective coating on whites like the apple black macbooks, then they would kick uber ass.
mb10.jpg

ebcubs03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black = Shows more scratches in heavy lighting, fingerprints in heavy and low lighting. Scratches not visible in low lighting.

White = Shows few scratches in heavy lighting. (They have to be like.. serious scratches. Know what I mean?) Scratches not visible in low lighting. Fingerprints only visible in heavy lighting. Shows dirt more, so you'll have to clean it more often.

Pick your poison.. But in the end, it's up to personal taste. Pick which you like best.

asthesparrow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The glossy white is awesome. The glossy black is not. If they kept the original satin DS colors and had them painted it would be fine. The satin colors do tend to make my hands more sweaty, however. That is why I went with the best way by getting the Polar White DS Lite.
yaynds.gif

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Black = Shows more scratches in heavy lighting, fingerprints in heavy and low lighting. Scratches not visible in low lighting.

White = Shows few scratches in heavy lighting. (They have to be like.. serious scratches. Know what I mean?) Scratches not visible in low lighting. Fingerprints only visible in heavy lighting. Shows dirt more, so you'll have to clean it more often.

Pick your poison.. But in the end, it's up to personal taste. Pick which you like best.

The outside will probably not show dirt because it is GLOSSY. The inside will get dirty, because it isn;t glossy.
I really want black, but then that picture of navy blue in this condition put me off completly. How much worse will black be?
10075851os.jpg

meccabolix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what case is that? sorry for going off topic, i just orderd a japanese white ds lite because i just cant wait (no patience) i decided i didnt want the black one because my black ipod nano looks like the moon with its craters and scratches and my gfs white nano which is just as old looks new except for the scretched screen

so, in my opinion, white it is
happy.gif

Neil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
I've now decided to go for white, thanks partly to this thread, but mostly to this video. All the prints on the black one would annoy me, I think. White looks smart anyway.

slandar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a white one.. but only because I can't get a black one here in the U.S.
frown.gif

I want to get a black one to pair up with the white one.. it would be like Spy vs Spy.
wink.gif

I am constantly wiping down my white one because the fingerprints bother me on it.. I don't see how it is any better than the black one.

Unless you hide it and never look at it, you see the fingerprints. That is the double edge of the beautiful glossy polycarbonate shell.

-Zach

Neil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Aren't they less visible on the light colours? I like the idea of Spy Vs Spy DS's :-) I think mine is being bought tomorrow, I've asked for white as it does look really cool. Can't wait to get it next week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT