DS Lite Colours

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Neil, Jun 6, 2006.

Jun 6, 2006

DS Lite Colours by Neil at 10:14 PM (1,684 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Neil
    OP

Newcomer Neil Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Just wondering if anyone has anything to say about the differently coloured DS Lites. Was wary of eg the black one getting mucky very easily.

2. yuwing

Member yuwing GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    if they did the black ds's without the reflective coating on whites like the apple black macbooks, then they would kick uber ass.
    [​IMG]

3. ebcubs03

Member ebcubs03 GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Black = Shows more scratches in heavy lighting, fingerprints in heavy and low lighting. Scratches not visible in low lighting.

White = Shows few scratches in heavy lighting. (They have to be like.. serious scratches. Know what I mean?) Scratches not visible in low lighting. Fingerprints only visible in heavy lighting. Shows dirt more, so you'll have to clean it more often.

Pick your poison.. But in the end, it's up to personal taste. Pick which you like best.

4. asthesparrow

Newcomer asthesparrow Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    The glossy white is awesome. The glossy black is not. If they kept the original satin DS colors and had them painted it would be fine. The satin colors do tend to make my hands more sweaty, however. That is why I went with the best way by getting the Polar White DS Lite. [​IMG]

5. Darkspark

Member Darkspark GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    The outside will probably not show dirt because it is GLOSSY. The inside will get dirty, because it isn;t glossy.
    I really want black, but then that picture of navy blue in this condition put me off completly. How much worse will black be?
    [​IMG]

6. meccabolix

Newcomer meccabolix Member

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    what case is that? sorry for going off topic, i just orderd a japanese white ds lite because i just cant wait (no patience) i decided i didnt want the black one because my black ipod nano looks like the moon with its craters and scratches and my gfs white nano which is just as old looks new except for the scretched screen

so, in my opinion, white it is [​IMG]

7. Neil
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the replies folks, very helpful! I was all set to get a black one, but I'm not quite so sure now. Hmm.

8. xenon

Member xenon GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    Italy
    Latest airform case, I bought it for about 6$ on eBay, good deal, well built. For reference, it's this one (it comes in different colors).

On topic, I'll go black. Nevermind the fingerprints, black is cool! [​IMG]

9. Neil
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    I've now decided to go for white, thanks partly to this thread, but mostly to this video. All the prints on the black one would annoy me, I think. White looks smart anyway.

10. slandar

Newcomer slandar Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I have a white one.. but only because I can't get a black one here in the U.S. [​IMG]

I want to get a black one to pair up with the white one.. it would be like Spy vs Spy. [​IMG]

I am constantly wiping down my white one because the fingerprints bother me on it.. I don't see how it is any better than the black one.

Unless you hide it and never look at it, you see the fingerprints. That is the double edge of the beautiful glossy polycarbonate shell.

-Zach

11. Neil
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Aren't they less visible on the light colours? I like the idea of Spy Vs Spy DS's :-) I think mine is being bought tomorrow, I've asked for white as it does look really cool. Can't wait to get it next week.

12. dirtyweasel

Newcomer dirtyweasel Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I wanted black too at first. My friend has the Navy blue and fingerprints show A LOT worse on it than the white ones. I am happy with my white DS after seeing that.