Homebrew DS(i) NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I know it's been many, many years since I've had this issue, but I might aswell ask this so i can know for the future.

For some strange reason, I cannot charge my black DSI XL anymore. I've checked my charging port and I guess that some plastic thing that used to be inside of it isn't there anymore, and that's why it's not working in. That's all I remember though, and I don't know if that's the exact reason.

My point is though, is that how do I fix it and revive it?

Kur0shitsuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I know it's been many, many years since I've had this issue, but I might aswell ask this so i can know for the future.

For some strange reason, I cannot charge my black DSI XL anymore. I've checked my charging port and I guess that some plastic thing that used to be inside of it isn't there anymore, and that's why it's not working in. That's all I remember though, and I don't know if that's the exact reason.

My point is though, is that how do I fix it and revive it?
That was the housing/insulation preventing the two points from touching each other while charging.

You have two options: ask someone to fix it for you or if you are skilled enough, solder a micro usb port. Solders to only two points- positive and ground. The old through holes can anchor it in place. May sit slightly off but at least you can use a commonplace charge cable.

Reactions: DragonMals

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and one more thing—is it better to avoid downloading UNLAUNCH because of the bricking risk or is it better? And what is that risk exactly?(what could cause the brick?)
There's a risk but it's minimal, i personally have never anyone who bricked their DS by just installing Unlaunch..
Read more here: https://dsi.cfw.guide/installing-unlaunch.html

If you want to install titles, i recommend using NTM and install only to sdnand (not sysnand). You need to install Hiyacfw in order to set up sdnand.

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
That was the housing/insulation preventing the two points from touching each other while charging.

You have two options: ask someone to fix it for you or if you are skilled enough, solder a micro usb port. Solders to only two points- positive and ground. The old through holes can anchor it in place. May sit slightly off but at least you can use a commonplace charge cable.
.... Is it weird to ask if they sell the housing online? I don't have the knowledge to do it myself, but i could try something...

fairywrenaaron

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please let me know if this is the wrong place for this question.
I can't work out how to use multisaver on my dsonei super card. When I select Pokémon Diamond and press multisave, there is a "default saver". My existing save file launches. When I press "add" it's replaced with a "no saver" which is a new save file when launched, but my existing save file is gone. Checking on a PC shows my existing save file is gone and there's just the brand new one. If I put the save file back in then it goes back to launching the existing one. This feels like it should be obvious, am I doing something wrong?

Kur0shitsuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
.... Is it weird to ask if they sell the housing online? I don't have the knowledge to do it myself, but i could try something...
ah, I didn't explain it in full. Just convert your old charge pin to micro usb(the old android usb pin). The housing I referred to is the plastic inside of the charge pin.

So as you see from the pic below the first one ,not the second part to the picture is a mini usb(the kind you see on your ps3 controller and psps). The micro usb i'm talking about came years afterwards (you'd see on phones like samsung in their early days).
1693440839135.png

Get someone to desolder the pin for you and replace it by soldering another type on. This is an internal part that needs to be replaced.

It is straightforward to those who understand how to solder and pinouts. If it confuses you, use a multimeter and check voltage flow after doing the mod. You will see 5v flowing in one direction and negative 5v if you take your probes and test the points in reverse.
1693441441348.png

Last edited by Kur0shitsuji,

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
ah, I didn't explain it in full. Just convert your old charge pin to micro usb(the old android usb pin). The housing I referred to is the plastic inside of the charge pin.

So as you see from the pic below the first one ,not the second part to the picture is a mini usb(the kind you see on your ps3 controller and psps). The micro usb i'm talking about came years afterwards (you'd see on phones like samsung in their early days).
View attachment 391269
Get someone to desolder the pin for you and replace it by soldering another type on. This is an internal part that needs to be replaced.

It is straightforward to those who understand how to solder and pinouts. If it confuses you, use a multimeter and check voltage flow after doing the mod. You will see 5v flowing in one direction and negative 5v if you take your probes and test the points in reverse. View attachment 391270
I'll try this out and bookmark this in the meantime. Thanks for the information though! I haven't used it in a few years so I'll have to find my DS and do this proccesss.

ABC1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am using FastDSVideo Encoder, but command line does not recognise when I put the MP4 in the batch file, it says
'FastVideoDSEncoder' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.'
Can anyone provide me some help here?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using FastDSVideo Encoder, but command line does not recognise when I put the MP4 in the batch file, it says
'FastVideoDSEncoder' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.'
Can anyone provide me some help here?
The video file needs to be copied or moved to the same place as the batch file.

ellepacasso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I view these file extensions? Images, text, etc.? Would help me so much to know what I'm working with

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    159.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    156.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    192.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    58.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    142.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    159.5 KB · Views: 16

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
I should also ask Where can I find the best flashcart everyone uses for their DS Lite? I have an M3I Zero with M3 Sakura installed on there, but I look on this site to see that people don't recommend it anymore. I don't like it either because it can't do download play correctly in some games.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should also ask Where can I find the best flashcart everyone uses for their DS Lite? I have an M3I Zero with M3 Sakura installed on there, but I look on this site to see that people don't recommend it anymore. I don't like it either because it can't do download play correctly in some games.
Have you checked this site?: https://flashcarts.net/ds-quick-start-guide

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I should also ask Where can I find the best flashcart everyone uses for their DS Lite? I have an M3I Zero with M3 Sakura installed on there.
You can use kernel replacements such as TWiLight Menu++ or YSMenu if your cart supports it for maximum game compatability.

Reactions: RocketRobz

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
You can use kernel replacements such as TWiLight Menu++ or YSMenu if your cart supports it for maximum game compatability.

So wait, if I already have TwilightMenu on 3ds, does it mes that I don't really need an R4 card or anything like that? All I want is to have games work with multiplayer run from DS hosting it to other systems cause my M3i Zero doesnt allow some games (NSMB for instance) to connect like that.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So wait, if I already have TwilightMenu on 3ds, does it mes that I don't really need an R4 card or anything like that? All I want is to have games work with multiplayer run from DS hosting it to other systems cause my M3i Zero doesnt allow some games (NSMB for instance) to connect like that.
Of course. You don't need to use a flashcard to boot DS ROMs if you have TWiLight Menu++ installed on your 3DS. Game compatibility has gotten better, before then, it used to start off pretty mundane. TWiLight Menu++ also supports older slot-1 flashcarts such as the R4 Revolution and M3 DS Real, you can configure TWLM++ to auto-boot from slot-1 when launched.

Reactions: DragonMals

ABC1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, me again. How do I use the FastVideoDS player? When I boot it up using my flashcard(Ace3DS+), it's loading up with a white screen on top, and the opposite in bottom screen! Help would really be appreciated!

EDIT: Just formatted and reinstalled Moonshell. The Super Mario Movie is very grainy on DS

Last edited by ABC1234,

ABC1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, I want to modify the Ace3ds+ AOS menu with all the consoles, but after countless searches, I decided to go to this thread for help.
All I want to do is add more consoles to the list.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, me again. How do I use the FastVideoDS player? When I boot it up using my flashcard(Bootleg Ace3DS+), it's loading up with a white screen on top, and the opposite in bottom screen! Help would really be appreciated!
You need to use TWiLight Menu++ to launch the video you converted to the .fv file format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1