Homebrew DS(i) NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Sialoquent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I recently installed TWiLightmenu++ on my R4SDHC Gold Pro flashcart due to a game incompatibility with YsMenu but I am running into issues with Pokemon Soul Silver. At completely random points after performing an action like opening a menu or winning a battle the game will freeze with a black screen with the music still running. Also changing the game loader to Kernal to use Ysmenu causes TWiLightmenu to reboot when selecting the game.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed TWiLightmenu++ on my R4SDHC Gold Pro flashcart due to a game incompatibility with YsMenu but I am running into issues with Pokemon Soul Silver. At completely random points after performing an action like opening a menu or winning a battle the game will freeze with a black screen with the music still running. Also changing the game loader to Kernal to use Ysmenu causes TWiLightmenu to reboot when selecting the game.
Are you using the latest TWilightmenu version? Have you tried with another rom file?

Sialoquent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
TWilightmenu version? Have you tried with another rom

Are you using the latest TWilightmenu version? Have you tried with another rom file?
Yes. I tried two rom files. For some reason it wasn't detecting my renamed save so it created a new one and it crashed as soon as the game started.

Update : Deleted save file. Game didn't immediately crash this time but did so when exiting a door. I am not the only person to write about this particular issue.

Last edited by Sialoquent,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've recently purchased an R4 clone off AliExpress and I really have no idea how to make it work. It didn't come with a microSD card so I've used one of my old 8GB ones, formatted it to FAT32 and tried copying several different kernel files and I usually get stuck either of loading screen or my bottom screen shows solid yellow or pink color and top screen shows "snow". Which files should I place on my microSD card to make it work? The card in question is stickerless one with red PCB underneath.

Thanks in advance!

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently purchased an R4 clone off AliExpress and I really have no idea how to make it work. It didn't come with a microSD card so I've used one of my old 8GB ones, formatted it to FAT32 and tried copying several different kernel files and I usually get stuck either of loading screen or my bottom screen shows solid yellow or pink color and top screen shows "snow". Which files should I place on my microSD card to make it work? The card in question is stickerless one with red PCB underneath.

Thanks in advance!
Do you have a picture of it?

Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Do you have a picture of it?
Attached the generic image of it (it's the same one I've bought from AliExpress).
In the meantime, I've found this post and checked the site mentioned in that post. Although it looks sketchy, I really works.

I wonder if files from that site are safe?

Attachments

• image.PNG
    image.PNG
    50.8 KB · Views: 21

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Attached the generic image of it (it's the same one I've bought from AliExpress).
In the meantime, I've found this post and checked the site mentioned in that post. Although it looks sketchy, I really works.

Ace3DS/R4iLS clone. Get the latest Wood kernel files here:
https://flashcard-archive.ds-homebrew.com/Ace3DS+_R4iLS/

or download TWiLight Menu++
https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/installing-flashcard
Post automatically merged:

I wouldn't trust the manufacturers website.

• Love

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have a question about Twilight Menu not showing up in Unlaunch: I was trying to migrate SD cards with my DSi XL and formatted the card (32gb) to fat32 with 16kb cluster size but after I copied the files over Twilight Menu does not show up anywhere in unlaunch. I checked and the old sd card still works, I have no idea what happened to Twilight Menu though. I see GBARunner2 and NDS Bootstrap, pictochat etc. so I know it reads the card I some capacity. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't copy the hidden files. It should work now

Last edited by ichig0,

Musicman885

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I'm trying recreate a high quality rip someone made from pokemon Soulsilver/heartgold.
Only their .SDAT file is way bigger than mine.
Also their quality of music is much higher than mine.

Does anyone know how to rip a super high quality sdat from a pokemon SS/HG?

Here is the link to the music, the video als has a link to the sdat & NCSF files.
Their SDAT file is about 50mb, while mine is only 8mb.
I've tried a couple different programs to to extract the sdat, but it's always 8 mb.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I'm trying recreate a high quality rip someone made from pokemon Soulsilver/heartgold.
Only their .SDAT file is way bigger than mine.
Also their quality of music is much higher than mine.

Does anyone know how to rip a super high quality sdat from a pokemon SS/HG?

Here is the link to the music, the video als has a link to the sdat & NCSF files.
Their SDAT file is about 50mb, while mine is only 8mb.
I've tried a couple different programs to to extract the sdat, but it's always 8 mb.

The game itself doesn't have a high quality SDAT file, which is why it's smaller than the 50MB file.

Aydel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I just found back my old GBA Expansion pack (From M3 ds real) but it doesn't seem to work with TwilightMenu. If I keep it in slot 2 all text turns to giberish and no backup will actually load.

After testing with YSMenu and the original M3 firmware, the expansion pack does work without any issue. If anyone has an idea why this is happening, I'd be really grateful.

Attachments

• Gibberish.jpeg
    Gibberish.jpeg
    648 KB · Views: 19
  • GBA EP2.jpeg
    GBA EP2.jpeg
    608 KB · Views: 15
  • GBA EP1.jpeg
    GBA EP1.jpeg
    492 KB · Views: 18

OutofPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I'm having difficulty with sprite transparency using DevKitPro and NightFox Lib. Using "grit 64split/001.png -ftb -fh! -gTFF00FF -gt -gB8 -m!" makes an undesirable non-magenta section of the sprite transparent, and using "grit 64split/001.png -ftb -fh! -gT! -gt -gB8 -m!" looks like it just corrupts the image. The source files are 64x64 photos which have been run through Krita's posterize filter. Sprites are being loaded through NF_LoadSpriteGfx, NF_LoadSpritePal, NF_VramSpriteGfx, NF_VramSpritePal, etc.

Is there a way to have no transparency in the images?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just found back my old GBA Expansion pack (From M3 ds real) but it doesn't seem to work with TwilightMenu. If I keep it in slot 2 all text turns to giberish and no backup will actually load.

After testing with YSMenu and the original M3 firmware, the expansion pack does work without any issue. If anyone has an idea why this is happening, I'd be really grateful.
It seems the flashcard's DLDI driver is bugged when it comes to loading to Slot-2.
Does your flashcard autoboot to TWLMenu++, or are you starting it manually?
Also, is TWLMenu++ up to date? Which version are you using?

Aydel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does your flashcard autoboot to TWLMenu++, or are you starting it manually?
Also, is TWLMenu++ up to date? Which version are you using?
I tested on two different m3 ds real (one is from around 2008, i don't know for the other but probably more recent) and they have the same behaviour.
They both autoboot (even without an sd card), there is no dual boot so it auto boots to TWLMenu++ v26.2.0.
It seems the flashcard's DLDI driver is bugged when it comes to loading to Slot-2.
But they do boot original gba cartridges through TWLMenu++ without any issue. I don't know if that's relevant.

I've attached a picture of both flashcards just in case.

Attachments

• M3.jpeg
    M3.jpeg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 19
  • M3 Back.jpeg
    M3 Back.jpeg
    984 KB · Views: 19

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: we getting azomk3d with this one