Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Dasfilth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah sarcasm doesn't usually travel well through text. The sad part is someone on the internet would seriously make a post like that.

YEP. Sarcasm on the internet. That's definitely a new, saddening thing.:yay:

Back on topic, I've heard talk floating around on Reddit of "around Christmas" for an official build release. Any updates on that, or was that just speculation to begin with? I'd kill a hooker for a working version.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Back on topic, I've heard talk floating around on Reddit of "around Christmas" for an official build release. Any updates on that or was that just speculation to begin with?
Well, the developers did say they heard jingle-bells in the distance :)

Reactions: Dasfilth

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Back on topic, I've heard talk floating around on Reddit of "around Christmas" for an official build release. Any updates on that, or was that just speculation, to begin with? I'd kill a hooker for a working version.
That was the date inferred by one of the developers.

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemon distribution roms sill don 't work
Well unless you compiled a working version of the newest commit nothing works.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think that's the main branch. Here's the latest build from the card branch, from half an hour ago

Can you build the new commit since it fixed it so hopefully stuff works now?

@Robz8 is there a reason why the Forwarders aren't working with the last unofficial build that did kind of sort of work?

Reactions: kidasquid

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well unless you compiled a working version of the newest commit nothing works.

Can you build the new commit since it fixed it so hopefully stuff works now?

@Robz8 is there a reason why the Forwarders aren't working with the last unofficial build that did kind of sort of work?

I compiled the most recent build but compatibility isn't as good (heh) as two commits ago. I could get demos to boot but SM64 didn't start and nor did Feel the Magic XY/XX which used to show a warning sign. I won't provide the build for fear that I potentially used the wrong .nds. Either way, this branch is obviously very much WIP atm (the last commit reverted a few lines of the penultimate commit). If you want to build it, setting up devKitARM and building the branch should take you at most 30 min to do :)

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled the most recent build but compatibility isn't as good (heh) as two commits ago. I could get demos to boot but SM64 didn't start and nor did Feel the Magic XY/XX which used to show a warning sign. I won't provide the build for fear that I potentially used the wrong .nds. Either way, this branch is obviously very much WIP atm (the last commit reverted a few lines of the penultimate commit). If you want to build it, setting up devKitARM and building the branch should take you at most 30 min to do :)

Yeah I figured it is oh well I'm sure they'll figure it all out or someone will post a new build when it's closer to working. Did you have any luck with it working with the forwarders at all?

When did you create your forwarders?
I just created a forwarder with the 3DS SD Card setting for Bomberman like 15 or 20 minutes ago and Bomberman launches on TWLauncher but not from the Forwarder. I did had it say the card was missing and I think I did the wrong setting so I remade it and installed it and it just goes to the white screen now. Other than replace the nds-bootstrap.nds is there anything I need to do to get it to work?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just created a forwarder with the 3DS SD Card setting for Bomberman like 15 or 20 minutes ago and Bomberman launches on TWLauncher but not from the Forwarder. I did had it say the card was missing and I think I did the wrong setting so I remade it and installed it and it just goes to the white screen now. Other than replace the nds-bootstrap.nds is there anything I need to do to get it to work?
Try turning console output "On (Debug)" in TWLoader, then launch your forwarder.

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try turning console output "On (Debug)" in TWLoader, then launch your forwarder.
That didn't seem to do anything still stuck on the white screen :(

Settings I used:
PiWC8p7.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll have to pay $40 more for 1 gig it's just meh