Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
dumb me finally realized why his own compiled versions of the bootstrap didn't boot shit on TWLoader, i didn't run build_cia.sh post compile....

Reactions: TinchoX
D

Deleted User

So hyped, but quick question: once this gets improved and released on Christmas, how will the compatibility be?

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Both, but for the latter, I may be wrong.
I see.

Oh, oh. Are there major differences between forcing a DSi-enhanced game (from a NTR mode flashcard) to run on TWL clock speed and using an official cartridge? Like, for example, running Pokemon BW from a flashcard with TWL clock speed and using a retail Pokemon BW cartridge.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.

Oh, oh. Are there major differences between forcing a DSi-enhanced game (from a NTR mode flashcard) to run on TWL clock speed and using an official cartridge? Like, for example, running Pokemon BW from a flashcard with TWL clock speed and using a retail Pokemon BW cartridge.
I wouldn't think so. It's kind of hard for me to test since YSMenu has trouble with DSi-enhanced games, and my flashcard has some features that are broken on TWL clock-speeds.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I see.

Yes, there are. In the first case the game will run with the CPU-based performance benefits of DSi mode, but none of the access to new hardware like the new RAM, camera, WPA wifi etc.

Reactions: FrozenDragon150

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yes, there are. In the first case the game will run with the CPU-based performance benefits of DSi mode, but none of the access to new hardware like the new RAM, camera, WPA wifi etc.
Ohhhhh right :o would it be possible to enable those at some point in the future? Like, in case of forwarders, to make the 3DS detect them as DSi-enhanced, maybe?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Ohhhhh right :o would it be possible to enable those at some point in the future? Like, in case of forwarders, to make the 3DS detect them as DSi-enhanced, maybe?

I guess? The DSi cartridge interface is a bit different so you might need a different set of card r/w function patches. But I think you ought to ask a real dev like ahezard or shutterbug for questions like that!

Reactions: FrozenDragon150

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You can use @Apache Thunder's First Stage Loader (ALT VERSION,) and enable TWL mode...
I guess? The DSi cartridge interface is a bit different so you might need a different set of card r/w function patches. But I think you ought to ask a real dev like ahezard or shutterbug for questions like that!
Aksjsjsjs yup yup! Sorry for all the questions :'D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?