Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How about instead of posting that something doesn't work every 10 minutes, you just wait a few days until it's actually stable?
It makes reading this thread for something useful/relevant difficult with all the posts like this.

We're just having fun, not requestion or bashing in devs, stop the bitching about.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if this has been asked, but can anyone link me or explain how I can use this bootstrap-dldi.nds (I just don't want to look through 178 pages)? do I use hbmenu or TWLoader and is there anything different I have to do except replace the file?

JustAKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here the compiled version of the latest commit till now. It waaaay to slow to loading the roms, but it appears hs better compatibility. Mario 64 DS worked but freezes when touch the star.

Just wait 1 minute after a white screen or black screen, and a bit more after nintendo logo.
The progress that's being made today is astounding. And it might be beneficial to test out some more games now since it could improve their playability in the future

Last edited by JustAKirby,

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Here the compiled version of the latest commit till now. It waaaay to slow to loading the roms, but it appears hs better compatibility. Mario 64 DS worked but freezes when touch the star.

Just wait 1 minute after a white screen or black screen, and a bit more after nintendo logo.

I tried Mario 64. The game gets to the Nintendo logo and stalls there for a while. Then it transitions to a black screen and seems to crash.

Reactions: Slattz

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ive been waitin a few minutes, and it seems electroplankton doesn't work anymore. Putting it out there while more games work, others stop working.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried some more stuff. The Zelda Twilight Princess demo is working, but with video slowdown and audio crackling. Yoshi Touch and Go hangs before reaching the title screen with a savedata error.

Where's the current compatibility list?

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
i got super mario 64 ds to get to "start adventure", now i'm just waiting 10 more minutes to see if it will end up showing anything else than the white screen, but non the less, pretty impressive (also, it took 3.5 minutes since game start to have access to game menu, damn, is arm7 mode slow)

Reactions: raphamotta

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got super mario 64 ds to get to "start adventure", now i'm just waiting 10 more minutes to see if it will end up showing anything else than the white screen, but non the less, pretty impressive (also, it took 3.5 minutes since game start to have access to game menu, damn, is arm7 mode slow)
Speed is being fixed.

JustAKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say... you think running a DSiWare .nds/.srl would be possible without installing it, via TWLoader or the DS ROM loading method?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?