Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

boyfriendcoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: okay that’s a bit cosmically weird that I didn’t notice until after I’d posted this that the comment directly before mine was about exactly the same thing. What a small universe.

Has anyone gotten VNDS to work in TWiLightMenu? More specifically, running on a DSi via internal SD card with CFW. I’ve not attempted on 3DS, or via a flashcart with twilightmenu loaded on it.

It works swell on my R4i flashcart, launched from the built-in kernel, but attempting from internal SD either fails to launch the app (frozen at white screen), or launches, shows icons for novels, but tapping them provides no response other than the “play” button reacting to being pressed.

This is honestly just curiosity on my part, I can run the same VNs elsewhere and be plenty happy, I just like knowing how things work, or why they don’t. Thanks for any insight, everyone!

Last edited by boyfriendcoma,

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am testing Twilight Menu on a ace3ds+ clone (r4isdhc.com.cn). It boots and homebrew works, however when i load an nds game i get a white screen that says "Now Saving" and that's as far as it gets. I tried the flashcart in a DS and DSi (booting from the flashcart) and it does the same thing. Any idea what I can do?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am testing Twilight Menu on a ace3ds+ clone (r4isdhc.com.cn). It boots and homebrew works, however when i load an nds game i get a white screen that says "Now Saving" and that's as far as it gets. I tried the flashcart in a DS and DSi (booting from the flashcart) and it does the same thing. Any idea what I can do?
Have you tried turning off "Update recently played list" in TWLMenu++ Settings?

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried turning off "Update recently played list" in TWLMenu++ Settings?
I did change the "update recently played list", but that didn't work for me. The error goes away but I get a white screen with the title only. Switching to nds-bootstrap does work however, so i guess the native boot mode doesnt work.

Last edited by bbking67,

Popz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know it's a long shot but has there been any workaround/fix regarding Tetris: The Grand Master 3 homebrew DS version? It still freezes up after the Press Start screen even on the latest TWL version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Popz,
Reactions: Tarmfot

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's a long shot but has there been any workaround/fix regarding Tetrist: The Grand Master 3 homebrew DS version? It still freezes up after the Press Star screen even on the latest TWL version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nope, there is no known fix.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I tried to use cheats on Phantom Hourglass, but it keep saying no cheats found.
the cheat file is working fine on desmume and it correctly load all the cheats.
My urscheat file should be in the correct path as you can see. Any suggestions?
Sans titre.png

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I tried to use cheats on Phantom Hourglass, but it keep saying no cheats found.
the cheat file is working fine on desmume and it correctly load all the cheats.
My urscheat file should be in the correct path as you can see. Any suggestions?
View attachment 300757
usrcheat.dat should be in the _nds/TWiLightMenu/extras folder.

Oh wait my mistake it already is lol.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20220307_100910.jpg

just tested. never tried cheats before, but it works for me. if the option for cheats isn't available, I think I know why or what the problem could be. I'm assuming you need bootstrap running, so I don't know if it will work with a flash cart if you're using the flash cart. I tested on my ds, which is using a flash cart, and the only option I have is changing my save.

Reactions: AmandaRose

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that could very well be it. I just changed my ds to bootstrap, cheats are available. changing back to flash cart, they're not, only save slot option is available.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 300770

just tested. never tried cheats before, but it works for me. if the option for cheats isn't available, I think I know why or what the problem could be. I'm assuming you need bootstrap running, so I don't know if it will work with a flash cart if you're using the flash cart. I tested on my ds, which is using a flash cart, and the only option I have is changing my save.
Eeeek never cheat on a Dragon Quest game. Why would you do such a horrible thing :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: godreborn

Pin1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone know why I might get a Loaderror (to unlaunch filemenu) when trying to open system settings from the tm++ settings? My launcher and region are set correctly and launching the dsi launcher from the tm++ 3ds theme works as well :-) system settings link is the only thing I can't seem to get to work (there was a bug in prior releases that's been fixed now, so no more white screen but load error now).

TIA!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know why I might get a Loaderror (to unlaunch filemenu) when trying to open system settings from the tm++ settings? My launcher and region are set correctly and launching the dsi launcher from the tm++ 3ds theme works as well :-) system settings link is the only thing I can't seem to get to work (there was a bug in prior releases that's been fixed now, so no more white screen but load error now).

TIA!
Sorry, I don't know why this happens. I can launch System Settings fine on my side.

Reactions: Pin1988

Pin1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, I don't know why this happens. I can launch System Settings fine on my side.
I got a Japanese LL that does it perfectly well as well :-/ could it be the region (EUR)? :-D Dont really know what else to look for :-) but it's not that big of a deal, just the only thing that doesn't work as expected (which says a lot about the rest of your software ;-) )

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a Japanese LL that does it perfectly well as well :-/ could it be the region (EUR)? :-D Dont really know what else to look for :-) but it's not that big of a deal, just the only thing that doesn't work as expected (which says a lot about the rest of your software ;-) )
Actually, the region was the issue! I've found System Settings uses P and U as the fourth TID letter for EUR and AUS respectively, unlike V being used for most EUR+AUS DSiWare.
It'll be fixed in the next version.

Pin1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, the region was the issue! I've found System Settings uses P and U as the fourth TID letter for EUR and AUS respectively, unlike V being used for most EUR+AUS DSiWare.
It'll be fixed in the next version.
Nice! Thanks a lot!!! Glad that I was able to point you in the right direction :-)

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes yes, great design and program with each new update is getting better and better I have been using TWiLight Menu ++ for a long time and I can't imagine playing N 3DS today without TWiLight Menu ++ games nds, gba, sega, snes etc .... thanks to RocketRobz.
Ps as for the usrcheat.dat codes, where can I find the latest current release?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, The Winklevoss twins...