Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

t0w3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried your method but this does not fix the problem.
Ds Download Play still gives an error when u try to play w someone who does not own the same game.
I hadn't tried download and play, but normal multiplayer (card to card) should work on most games. What game are you trying to use?
EDIT: I actually did, I just wasn't remembering, sorry.

Last edited by t0w3l,

waffletower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I got everything installed but I get the "An error has occurred" message. I installed the TWL_Firm from the linked post which didn't help, and I was thinking of installing all of the other files. As far as I know everything still works fine, except I can't get DSiMenu++ past the Nintendo DS splash screen after launch. Now I AM on Cakes emuNAND so I followed the instructions to install on sysNAND as well as emuNAND but haven't had any luck so far.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I got everything installed but I get the "An error has occurred" message. I installed the TWL_Firm from the linked post which didn't help, and I was thinking of installing all of the other files. As far as I know everything still works fine, except I can't get DSiMenu++ past the Nintendo DS splash screen after launch. Now I AM on Cakes emuNAND so I followed the instructions to install on sysNAND as well as emuNAND but haven't had any luck so far.
So... what CFW are you using? Cakes or Luma?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Switch to Luma then. It contains a patch for TWL_FIRM that makes DSiMenu++ and other custom DSiWare work.
I would like to add a note to this, it does work with the latest Cakesfw on B9S/Fastboot, but it crashes with every reboot of DSiMenu++. So yeah, that's worth noting, but I do agree that they should switch to Luma since it actually runs properly through Luma

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: waffletower

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Boooo! Boo, I say! Booooo!
(I can install Luma as emuNAND though, right?)
Yes, but you do need to update to B9S (if you haven't already) and install the TWL portion to both the sysNAND and emuNAND

Reactions: waffletower

waffletower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing Luma and B9S, and I already hate all of this. I hope it's worth it. I just want to play Yu-Gi-Oh in bed -_-

Edit: Soon™
Edit 2: Took long enough but seems to work great. I'm glad I could even bring my old save files over from my Acekard 2i. Thank you for the guide, and thanks to everyone for the advice.

Last edited by waffletower,
Reactions: RocketRobz

t0w3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hadn't tried download and play, but normal multiplayer (card to card) should work on most games. What game are you trying to use?
Actually I did. I used Kirby Super Star Ultra's Spring Breeze Download Play with my New 2DS. I just can't test if it works with another DS, as I don't actually have one. I remember back in 2012, there was a common glitch with some flashcards where Download Play wouldn't work with other DS(i)'s, but would, in fact, work flawlessly with 3DS's.
When I'd try to connect with another DS the game would immediately freeze, and the other DS would Softlock with a Nintendo logo on-screen.
If that's not the case, and you also can't connect to 3DS, then I can't help you. Maybe try another game? (Specially Super Star Ultra, to see if it at least works on that game) I don't have enough of a big collection to do more in-depth testing, If I had, I'd try to make a Compatibility List with the games that do and do not work with "Multiple Card Multiplayer" and "One-Card Multiplayer"

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

HippoPilot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can’t seem to find where my saves go. I thought they go in the rooms/n3ds folder since that’s where the new ones go but it keeps reloading a new one? I don’t want to lose my progress. Could someone help?

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EDIT: I actually did, I just wasn't remembering, sorry.
Haha okay, yeah I was aware that everything works fine when both player play card to card.
I also heard that there are some games (mostly not made by Nintendo which use a different multiplayer protocol or something and this should work too.)
Yeah I got you, that's then actually the case with me. I tried it to play with my other DSi, and this gave me infact the Nintendo Logo freeze...
Well, let's hope this will get fixed whenever theres time for it :D.

Thanks for the help!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can’t seem to find where my saves go. I thought they go in the rooms/n3ds folder since that’s where the new ones go but it keeps reloading a new one? I don’t want to lose my progress. Could someone help?
If a .sav doesn't exist, then DSiMenu++ will create a new one.
If that keeps happening somehow, make sure your SD card isn't locked, if your console isn't a N3DS/N2DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any pokemon mystery dungeon game boots to a white screen, sometimes with nintendo logo. why?
Async prefetch might be breaking them. Try turning it off for those games.

Sonikal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It still boots to a white screen
If a .sav doesn't exist, then DSiMenu++ will create a new one.
If that keeps happening somehow, make sure your SD card isn't locked, if your console isn't a N3DS/N2DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Async prefetch might be breaking them. Try turning it off for those games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet