Gaming ds goals

pengypikmin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really get into ds and i like it a lot so i keep thinking there should be goals that add to a score that you share with other gamers for doing cool things i scour the internet but alas its a fail. That is why i went and made this crappy site where users can make goals that they or others would like to complete. it only has one list so far though
mad.gif
because i just started the site the site is meant to be small and only have games that are really popular but only one game is not a lot but if you have a game you think should have some goals send me an email with a list of goals
like this
immortal- beat game without dying, 50 points
so the goal name, how to do it, and the score you get
score should be within 10 and 100 points please make it a round number such as 10 30 40 20 70 60...
if you do make a list you will be given full credit

the site- dsgoals.webs.com

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
The DS came out in 2004. A year before 360, 2 years before PS3, and even longer before the time the idea of "Achievements" was even shown.

You can't expect old systems that can't even update their firmwares to gain an achievement feature. And you can't expect the DSi to adopt the feature when its nearly at the end of its lifecycle.

Though it is a possibility that 3DS and 3DS games will house such System to Game junctions/features. Though cross your fingers and hope.

Nin10doh is a strange company. They're known for quality, but at the same time known for being half-assers. I predict that they'll make wonders with the 3DS and re-revolutionize things while at the same time skimp out on much needed features and upgrades.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Rydian said:
8BitWalugi said:
There are no 'Goals' or 'Achievements' for the DS because no one cares. Why do you need ti have achievements in the first place? Answer me that!
http://armorgames.com/play/2893/achievement-unlocked

Hahah! That game takes it all out of proportion.

Also, just thought I'd point this out
QUOTE(pengypikmin @ Apr 8 2010, 10:48 AM)
...i just started the site the site is meant to be small and only have games that are really popular but only one game is not...
That one game is TWEWY. TWEWY WAS popular when it first came out. Nowadays, not many care.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
There are no 'Goals' or 'Achievements' for the DS because no one cares. Why do you need ti have achievements in the first place? Answer me that!
it adds more things to do in the game think as a lot of Achievements as Side Quests they aren't required but they give you more reason to continue playing a game even after you beat it...take FFXIII for instance the story is kind of boring but after you beat the game there's a lot of optional things you can do like master all roles which can only be done after you beat the game or Treasure Hunter by collecting all Weapons/Accessories or killing optional enemies that have over 16mil HP etc...some games just give you trophies for doing something in the main story like in God of War series you get trophies just for beating a boss but i guess its just a fun way of keeping track of what you've done and proves that you have done it.

pengypikmin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry dude i made the site for fun why do you play games for fun i was just trying to make a small site for me and my friends i just wanted to tell people about it

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Some games themselves offer such things, but they don't sync to your system like a PS3/360 would.
They're still achievements, they're just not true achievements in this context.

There are many games, and even though I don't feel like making a full list, games like Mario Kart, Touch Master 3, and WarioWare DIY have "goals" to strive for that give you bragging rights among other things.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
23 Goals, 17 Hidden. 1000G Available. Difficulty : Challenging
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Achievements for Pokemon Soul Silver are the same as Pokemon Heart Gold's
*=Hidden Goal
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*My First Pokemon - 10G Got Your First Starter from Prof Elm
*Bird Killer - 10G Got The Violet Gym Badge
*Bug Masher - 10G Got The Azelia Gym Badge
*Not so Normal - 10G Got The Goldenrod Gym Badge
*I ain't scared of Ghosts! - 10G Got the Ecuteak Gym Badge
*Fighting Spirit - 10G Got Cininwood Gym Badge
*Sub Zero Fury - 10G Got Mahoginy Gym Badge
*Dragon Master - 10G Got Blackthorn Gym Badge
*Champ - 50G Became The Johto Champ!
*Grey Granite - 10G Got Pewter Gym Badge
*Lovely Mermaid - 10G Got Cerulean Gym Badge
*War Veteran - 10G Got Vermilion Gym Badge
*Green Flora - 10G Got Celedon Gym Badge
*Mind Tricks - 10G Got Saffron Gym Badge
*Invisible Maze - 10G Got Fuchsia Gym Badge
*Blue Oak - 10G Got Viridian Gym Badge
*Master Trainer - 100G Defeated RED on Mt. Silver
Legendary Collector - 25G Captured all Legendary Pokemon throughout Johto and Kanto
Battle Rookie - 50G Got all Silver Battle Metals
Battle Master - 100G Got all Gold Battle Metals
Pokeathleonaholic - 100G Accessed the Gold Trophy Room in the Pokeathleon
Gaming Addiction - 25G Won a total of 5,000 COINS from the game corner.
Gotta Catch em' All - 230G Registered all 493 Pokemon as Captured in the Pokedex
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What-cha think about that!?

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
BBqBanana said:
There are no goals or achievements for the DS because there are many cheats for many games?

This.

I like the idea of goals and achivements in DS games after playing xbox 360 with my mate i just think certain games would benefit hugely from it but cheats just ruin it for everyone. when yu-gi-oh came out. people were asking for a cheat for "all cards" before the AP was even cracked but still for those honest gamers who want to earn stuff the hard way it'd be a neat bonus

[edit] ill make a few odd goals iv done that i think are challanging for you to try WITHOUT cheating

Sonic rush:
Beat zone 1 Act 1 in under 50seconds

Tony hawk: proving grounds:
On harbor get a Sick rating on the wallride skill challange

Yu-gi-oh 2009 stardust accelerator:
Beat the game and re-challange jack to a turbo duel and beat him in under 10turns

pengypikmin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually the whole evidence thing is gonna be bagged for mei dont feel like checking all that evidence people might cheat any way
so guys im jumping off the forum until 8:00 eastern time also make sure you email me lists

pengypikmin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terenigma said:
BBqBanana said:
There are no goals or achievements for the DS because there are many cheats for many games?

[edit] ill make a few odd goals iv done that i think are challanging for you to try WITHOUT cheating

Sonic rush:
Beat zone 1 Act 1 in under 50seconds

Tony hawk: proving grounds:
On harbor get a Sick rating on the wallride skill challange

Yu-gi-oh 2009 stardust accelerator:
Beat the game and re-challange jack to a turbo duel and beat him in under 10turns

im sorry but if your going to make goals please make 1 game at a time have at least 5 goals and email me the goals you can find my email on my site

Also everyone who keeps saying that the ds could not show off achievements is right. thats why all my things are user created achievements for everyone to do for themselves not for other people. if you care that much about showing off or having shared then make a badge like below and but it in your sig (it will probably take some resising though mine is 178x135) and none of this is for your ds its entirely made for your computer

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I didnt post with you in mind to put them on your website i just put those random goals up for anyone reading this topic to give a go if they happen to play said game. its alot of effort to track down a bunch of goals on a website just to see if you achived a goal some random person made up.

...not that im against it but you know what i mean. i was bored couldnt be bothered to make up a bunch so just put some ones down i think are do'able but are difficult

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021