1. DsHacker14

DsHacker14 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this is pretty cool do you know if loading the maps and stuff is fast?

2. Virgil

Virgil Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yea, i was too getting annoyed by the DSi questions over this, glad you pretty much re-said it again (With photos! xD).

When I used google Maps myself, I was given a pretty much exact spot on my home, except by a few houses (Not across the street, just a few doors down), so maybe its less then a few meters of difference for the Google Maps? Or maybe its some query problem that Google has, and never can actually handle direct movements, I suppose. Or maybe its the area? Is your area a high-electro-magnetic area (A lot of power stations or stuff to that effect.), because that tends to be screwe up most maps and such.

3. Billydick888

Billydick888 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Wonder if it will support waypoints for geocaching!

4. shakirmoledina

Tanzania
    interesting to see such a device for the ds... now tht the dsi is released, will it be for dsi (lol to AW)

5. R1C3 N1NJA

R1C3 N1NJA GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Maybe becuase Dsi has more ram? iono thats just a guess lol becuase thats why nds cant play gba games with just a slot1 cart lol (:

This may be not very usefull but i think it can expand to more things like kinda like getting a tower for a computer lol its just a tower now you gotta add the screen and speakers lol (: Woop [​IMG]

6. PigVenus

PigVenus GBAtemp Regular

As neat as this project is (and it is very neat), I find it kind of pointless. It is attempting to fix a problem that doesn't exist. You can buy a car GPS for only a few dollars more than the cost of what they will have to sell this kit for. And it wouldn't be as clunky to use as this with plugin-packs and external antennas. Better accuracy and the interface would be better. I just can't see the commercial value in this. Neat project, but not commercially feasible.

7. Eggman32

Eggman32 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That's what I was wondering myself. If not directly through the developers software, someone would be able to make a homebrew that utilizes the gps hardware. A full geocaching app would be amazing, something maybe modeled after the iphone app? This would definitely get me to buy the hardware.

8. Schlupi

Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    This thing is really cool, actually...

But it looks so bulky... I wouldn't want to carry that thing around with me...

and lack of DSi support= fail, in my book.

I'm interested to see how this thing turns out.

9. Another World

OP Another World Emulate the Planet!
    Former Staff

Colombia
    you're fired, get out.

-another world

10. ridgecity

ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico

the iphone 3G was accurate by 10 meters, the 3GS is around 1 meter pinpoint.

11. teapea

teapea Advanced Member
    Newcomer

GPS with mapping from google will only be effective if you have some internet connection surely - and when you're using GPS no doubt you'll be travelling so this is impossible.

This means it'll either need to download all the maps before you use it, or connect to the internet by something other than WiFi.

As much fun as the project is, unless it's going to get downloadable maps or incorporate BT to pair to a GPRS/3G mobile phone for downloading of maps on the fly, I don't really see the point apart from "let's see if we can do it"

12. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

United States
    that will be cool as hell if it works

13. amanda

amanda Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    it looks good [​IMG]

14. TurboC

TurboC Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I just discover this product. Someone talked about a release date? A price? and a store where to buy it?

15. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Looks like the M3 team is getting involved in alot of stuff lately, lol.

16. Another World

OP Another World Emulate the Planet!
    Former Staff

Colombia
    i just discovered that the files on the 1gb msd i used for testing are corrupt. i'll have to do some more testing when i have more time, but this is another strike for the product =/.

-another world

17. Jecepede

Jecepede Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Aloha !

Yes yes, this is an dinosuar-old-topic but I recently aquierd one of these Ranger GPS-thingies
    and altough it works on my PC, I would like to get it working on my NDS as well.
    But.... all the links I have found so far (even from the supporting software like mapThis! ) are dead.

Does someone know where I could get the software to make this miracle work ?

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Jecepede

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Information, Geographic, System