Gaming DS Games of the Month: November 2010

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Doesn't look like a bad month at all. I'll definitely be playing Rune Factory 3, Golden Sun and probably Sonic and 999.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
KingdomBlade said:
Goli said:
KingdomBlade said:
Meh, you probably hate casual games or Michael Jackson. Haven't you played EBA yet?
*chuckles*
No, actually I love casual games and EBA. Michael Jackson, not so much; but it's just that this particular version of these new MJ games looks like such a big rip-off... For the "king of pop" I'd expect more than a EBA rip-off.

Rock Band was a Guitar Hero + Drum Mania + SingStar rip-off, but everyone liked it. I don't think the DS has a capacity to produce something better than this system for a dancing game, and it's hard to think of a dancing game in the DS that has a better concept than EBA/Ouendan, so it's not really a rip-off. Also, if this game is a "rip-off" of EBA, then EBA was actually just a "rip-off" of Ouendan, but most people don't regard it as such (since many don't know Ouendan). So if EBA isn't a rip off, than we shouldn't regard MJ as such, just a game with a similar concept.
I don't like Rock Band.
EBA is a localization of Ouendan.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Already pre-ordered Rune Factory 3. I'll buy Golden Sun in December.

QUOTE said:
Rock Band was a Guitar Hero + Drum Mania + SingStar rip-off, but everyone liked it. I don't think the DS has a capacity to produce something better than this system for a dancing game, and it's hard to think of a dancing game in the DS that has a better concept than EBA/Ouendan, so it's not really a rip-off.

Kids these days don't even know what the fuck they're talking about huh.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like october... Golden Fucking Sun!!!!!
yaynds.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
I am r4ymond said:
Hell yeah, plenty of new FPS games to play in November! I've been expecting for some FPS games on the DS for quite a while now, and now they're here.

What's Sonic Colors about? Seems similar to some Tetris games. I might give it a try.

I tried Golden Sun (J) and could hardly get to experience the battle system because the intro was too fucking long and took like 10 minutes. Actually, I'm still at the intro...
sleep.gif
But I'll definitely give Golden Sun a try.

Naruto Shippuden...hope this Naruto game is good. The Naruto games I've played on the DS so far are crap.

Marvel Super Hero Squad....maybe.
What?
It's nothing like Tetris! It's just a Sonic game. Like Sonic Rush
rofl2.gif

I could've sworn the little, flashy, colorful lines were somewhat related to Tetris.

Anyways, more for me.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Goli said:

QUOTEElite Beat Agents is a music video game developed by iNiS and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo DS handheld game console. It was first released in North America, and has since been released in Europe and South Korea . It is the spiritual sequel to Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, a Japanese rhythm game released in 2005, sharing many common elements with it. Similar to Ouendan, the player taps and drags on indicated locations on the touch screen of the DS in time to the rhythm of the music to score points, while the upper screen shows comic-style scenes of the fictional "Elite Beat Agents" cheering on others in tough situations through their dance moves. The improvements made in this game were implemented in the Japanese game's sequel, Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2.

Not really.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
KingdomBlade said:
Goli said:

QUOTEElite Beat Agents is a music video game developed by iNiS and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo DS handheld game console. It was first released in North America, and has since been released in Europe and South Korea . It is the spiritual sequel to Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, a Japanese rhythm game released in 2005, sharing many common elements with it. Similar to Ouendan, the player taps and drags on indicated locations on the touch screen of the DS in time to the rhythm of the music to score points, while the upper screen shows comic-style scenes of the fictional "Elite Beat Agents" cheering on others in tough situations through their dance moves. The improvements made in this game were implemented in the Japanese game's sequel, Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2.

Not really.
A lot of games have little improvements made when being translated/localized.
rolleyes.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Goli said:
rolleyes.gif
No, it wasn`t an improved version of Ouendan 1 and 2. It was a whole new game based of ouendans gameplay!

So EBA was a western version of Ouendan1+2 with western themed songs... I for one consider the Ouendan-series to contain 3 games: Ouendan, Ouendan 2 and EBA, since they all feature the same gameplaystyle and are developed by the same people but they all contain completely different songs!

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Master Mo said:
Goli said:
rolleyes.gif
.No, it wasn`t an improved version of Ouendan 1 and 2. It was a whole new game based of ouendans gameplay!

So EBA was a western version of Ouendan1+2 with western themed songs... I for one consider the Ouendan-series to contain 3 games: Ouendan, Ouendan 2 and EBA, since they all feature the same gameplaystyle and are developed by the same people but they all contain completely different songs!

Ouendan 2 came out after EBA so EBA can't be Ouendan 1+2. If anything Ouendan 2 is Ouendan1+EBA.
Also:
Localization (sometimes shortened to "l10n") is the process of adapting a product or service to a particular language, culture, and desired local "look-and-feel."[...]
EBA is a localized version of Ouendan, obviously changes were made because it was localized.
However, you can consider them three games or whatever you want, it is your opinion afterall.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record EBA is just in the same line as Osu. You might as well call it a game series with EBA being one of them. But there's enough differences in EBA that makes it a different game, not a localization. But we digress, back on topic.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just saw the trailer of Naruto Shippuden: Naruto Vs. Sasuke. It looks like it's just a "better" version of Naruto Ninja Council. Nothing more to expect...and spoiler of the ending...

At the end of the game, Naruto (you controlling Naruto) will be fighting Sasuke.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Played a demo of that Sonic Colours game that was on the Nintendo channel...

....It was so boring/just like any other Sonic game...

..Or maybe I just *don't get* Sonic games in general :/ meh..

CAN'T WAIT FOR 999 AND GOLDEN SUN~

Volture

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

I mean, Golden Sun was a pretty good game, but I really felt it just never shined over the rest of the RPGs I've played. It just felt like all the other good RPGs. The battle system was deep but it was just as deep as other games. The story was good but just as good as other games. The characters were interesting but just as interesting as other games. It didn't do a whole lot to give me a kick in the pants. I mean I'll definitely be playing this one but going gah-gah over it? Nope.
[/p]
Basically, you're just saying all other games are just as good as Golden Sun? That all the games in the genre were of the same level? Either I'm just being insanely stupid, or your choice of words were wrong. Anyway, I do think Golden Sun is/was one of the most under-appreciated games of the past 8 years. The battle system was in fact much deeper than in other games and so were the RPG elements in general. I mean, the djinni and summoning system was just genius.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Volture said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

I mean, Golden Sun was a pretty good game, but I really felt it just never shined over the rest of the RPGs I've played. It just felt like all the other good RPGs. The battle system was deep but it was just as deep as other games. The story was good but just as good as other games. The characters were interesting but just as interesting as other games. It didn't do a whole lot to give me a kick in the pants. I mean I'll definitely be playing this one but going gah-gah over it? Nope.
[/p]
Basically, you're just saying all other games are just as good as Golden Sun? That all the games in the genre were of the same level? Either I'm just being insanely stupid, or your choice of words were wrong. Anyway, I do think Golden Sun is/was one of the most under-appreciated games of the past 8 years. The battle system was in fact much deeper than in other games and so were the RPG elements in general. I mean, the djinni and summoning system was just genius.
Yeah! I agree with you there, though it's not that much under-appreciated, given its huge fan base and hype
smile.gif

I can't wait for it too. Golden Sun, I'm waiting for you splendor!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...