DS #DSi 0036: Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (Europe)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
The kind of game best left on home consoles where it belongs. My fear is that if the next Nintendo handheld is as over-powered as the PSP then we'll pretty much exclusively see this kind of downscaling of the home console experience and handheld gaming will meet a sticky end.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Quite honestly I enjoyed this game, it wasn't too long and story was weird, but it really made up for it's flaws with the fun game play.
It did improve on the previous one as well.
Now there is no way to compare it to the other versions like the PS3 version, since the PS3 version pretty much stumps this game to death and throws it into a lake.
But as for a portable version, it's fun for what it is.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
soliunasm said:
JackDeeEss said:
Jakob, wouldn't bother. It's worse than the first one.
I actually think it's much better than the first one.
Yes, it's better than the 1st one, but I like the PSP version better, the gameplay like the console version. The problem is we are controlling Altair, instead of Ezio.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't play the first one, but I thought this game was pretty bad.

It seems good at first, but as you get further into the game almost all of the difficulty comes from only being able to see a few feet to either side of your character. You can move the screen to look around a bit, but you still can't see far enough to tell if you can jump somewhere or if there is an enemy where you will land. Add to that the fact that a third of the game is stealth missions where you lose by just being seen by enemies, and you have a crappy game.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Actually loved this quite a bit.
It was a fun sidescroller.
The plot was bad and was very short though!!
The DS version is better than the itouch/iphone version since this has a radar on the bottom screen which makes stealth missions easy.
You cant compare it to the console versions though!
This was a fun little sidescroller and kept me entertained.

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Uncle FEFL said:
[...] I wish the game was open-world, like COP and the console versions. That would make the game MUCH better, but it's pretty good already for a DS title.

Actually if most of the current DS games are so shitty is not because of hardware limitations. The two first Elder Scrolls could easily fit in a DS and run smoothly. It's just a matter of marketing and development time.

SolDav

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't get the bashing of this game.

I haven't finished it, but what I've played I liked. Smooth gameplay, a bit trial and error and some nice run-and-jumping. It's no classic sidescroller à la Mario bros., but it's engaging and fresh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...