Kiaku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I just had the idea of:
If you have a softmodded Wii, why not try doing this with one of the Wii games that exist that can send a demo of a DS game? IIRC, Geometry Wars can send a demo of a NDS game.

Might work, but I know nothing about unpacking Wii game files. I'm going to have to search it up. Thanks for the tip!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kiaku said:
QUOTE said:
I just had the idea of:
If you have a softmodded Wii, why not try doing this with one of the Wii games that exist that can send a demo of a DS game? IIRC, Geometry Wars can send a demo of a NDS game.

Might work, but I know nothing about unpacking Wii game files. I'm going to have to search it up. Thanks for the tip!

WiiScrubber can replace files inside a Wii ISO with other files, and can extract them to your computer. And GeoWars isn't that big... IIRC about half a gig (If anybody wants me to, I'll check when I get home)

Kiaku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
WiiScrubber can replace files inside a Wii ISO with other files, and can extract them to your computer. And GeoWars isn't that big... IIRC about half a gig (If anybody wants me to, I'll check when I get home)

I just used WiiScubber and extracted the demo file from Geowars. As expected, the file is also in .srl format. I renamed it to .nds format and it boots off no$gba cleanly. This file can be found at Partition1->US->main.srl

You can replace this file with another nds demo file, but remember to rename it "main.srl".

Other than that, this wii game sure has a lot of freakin' warning screens about the wii remote... Can someone find other wii games that sends ds demos? It'll be very appreciative. Thanks.

Edit: Typo

Note: If the demo you replaced doesn't actually come up on your DS, then try replacing the one at Partition1->EU->main.srl

Update: Crap. Actually replacing the EU main.srl causes the game to freeze at the main screen. I replaced the US main.srl, but the demo I replaced didn't show up...

Scrap this message. Replacing any of these two files would make the game freeze at the main screen. It seems as if the file being replaced has to be the exact same file size...

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kiaku said:
QUOTE said:

I just used WiiScubber and extracted the demo file from Geowars. As expected, the file is also in .srl format. I renamed it to .nds format and it boots off no$gba cleanly. This file can be found at US->main.srl

You can replace this file with another nds demo file, but remember to rename it "main.srl".

Other than that, this wii game sure has a lot of freakin' warning screens about the wii remote... Can someone find other wii games that sends ds demos? It'll be very appreciative. Thanks.

Edit: Typo
That's a bug that occurs when you try to run the game off USB. It cycles through the warning screens for about 30 seconds.

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well... If we can't run homebrews we can run hacked demos, right?
Their structure is simple, they will be easy to be hacked..
We can run homebrew in this way, like sudokuhax, or we can hack the DS system.
Maybe the 3DS can be hacked in the firmware, exiting the DSi mode on a homebrew... We have to try!

Kiaku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roxas75 said:
Well... If we can't run homebrews we can run hacked demos, right?
Their structure is simple, they will be easy to be hacked..
We can run homebrew in this way, like sudokuhax, or we can hack the DS system.
Maybe the 3DS can be hacked in the firmware, exiting the DSi mode on a homebrew... We have to try!

Actually demo files contain nothing on the data directory (used for slot 1 cards). All the files for the games are located in the arm9.bin file. If we could unpack arm9 files, then it'll be easier to modify these files (and possibly find the key).

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyone tried to put a nds rom?
unsure.gif

sciencematthew

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.matthewserver.tk
XP
Country
United States
more luck, I have come up with a way to get a multi-game sender, You need Brain Age 2 and a genral idea of how to change the defualt language on the DS. once unpacked, go to the directory Data/Data/MB/ find the files: Child_trial_es.srl , child_trial_fr.srl and child_trial_US.srl each one of those represents the default language setting: you need to copy your games and rename to the above. once all renamed/ copied repack the binary and run the executable on the ds, to change the defualt language in the setings app on both the receiving and sending DS to the language of choice belonging to the respective app/game/demo. load brain age tap Download (the bottom green one, if you are on a different language)Then Send demo the bottom one again.also note do not edit the child.srl file it is not sent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.