Hacking DS does not recognize R4

Foxmc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It seems that my DS does not recognize my R4, so it has been a few times now, and more frequently when suddenly it stopped to recognize my R4. I am afraid to clean it with something that can be of any danger to my DS. So I need tips to what to do, to clean it up.

And sorry about my english, I am not so good with it.

Mario264

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would say backup all your files, format your card then try again. if it still doesnt work it is quite likely that your card is a clone.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how are the contact teeths of the R4? It is a well known problem that the contact of the R4 teeth w/ the ds can be poor sometimes... I believe the solution is to bring the contacts closer together by sticking a piece of paper between the ds and r4? maybe someone who has done this can elaborate better....

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unchi-san said:
how are the contact teeths of the R4? It is a well known problem that the contact of the R4 teeth w/ the ds can be poor sometimes... I believe the solution is to bring the contacts closer together by sticking a piece of paper between the ds and r4? maybe someone who has done this can elaborate better....
I've heard about that too, you just put a folded piece of paper between the DS and R4 just like you said. It seems to have worked for many people with this problem so give it a try.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am beginning to get the same problem with my (non-clone) R4.

What works for me is to tap my finger sharply on the back of the DS where the R4 slots in - No kidding.

It works for me.
yaynds.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
This happened, to me, just a week ago, my DS won't recognize my R4 up to 15 times of e-insertion, keep trying and try to blow some air to your slot-1, maybe it can help, it works for me, (mostly, sometimes it failed, but it's worth the try
smile.gif
)

Freaker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
teamos.org
XP
Country
Had a problem where my sister's second-gen R4 wasn't recognised in her DS Phat or my DS Lite. Tried paper inside and outside the R4, blowing, cleaning the contacts with alcohol, reformatting the microSD and using a different one. Nothing seemed to work. My first-gen M3 Simply was working fine on both systems.

Eventually we gave up and I got her an Acekard 2. The funny thing is we gave the R4 to a friend and she managed to get it working without any problems. I'm baffled as to what the problem could be.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
hmm... are you sure you havn't tried flashme ing your ds, that kinda screws it up. Mine works fine except on sleep mode soetimes it randomly turns off.
What I do t eject it and re-insert it several times.

GSXRsmoke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having same problem. mine worked fine for like 3 months. tried the paper thing and it worked one time and now i cant get it to recognize at all even with the piece of paper wedged. has anybody come up with a better solution to get the connection of the cartidge teeth to the ds ?

PS- this friggen blows. i wanna play my games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)