Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get my iPlayer to work for almost an hour, and no DS in my house will recognize it. I've tried it with a 1.4 DSi and also just a regular DS Lite. None of them can find it, they all just say that there's no card inserted. Has anyone else had this, and is there a fix for it?

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try cleaning the contacts of the cart with a cloth or something. Check for any suspicious water damage. If all else fails blow into the cart... not even kidding.

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xylos said:
Try cleaning the contacts of the cart with a cloth or something. Check for any suspicious water damage. If all else fails blow into the cart... not even kidding.
I've tried all of that, and it didn't work. Also, there's obviously no water damage because I just opened the thing...

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
Have you tried using the paper trick?
I tried the paper trick, and actually got it to boot up once, but it said it couldn't find the microSD, which was in securely with all the system files on it. I think I'm just going to email gamebygame to see if they'll send me another one.

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm getting a little angry with GamebyGame. They're acting like I'm stupid and I don't have the firmware installed correctly, which is making it not even able to boot into the iPlayer (which makes no sense at all). Even if I don't have the firmware installed correctly (which I do) a DS Lite should still be able to recognize the iPlayer is inserted.

I have a _system folder on my microSD, along with the update.dat file. I also have video and music folders. That's how the firmware is supposed to be installed. I just think they don't want to admit it's in fact a hardware problem.

Of course, I could be wrong about all of this, so could someone with a working iPlayer tell me the steps you took to get the iPlayer working out of the box? Thanks.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
ds lite should recognize a card when you insert the iplayer , if don't find anyone , it's a pin contact problem, you can try some advice that other people told you but usually is better change in warranty because even if you try to fix it the flashcard is still easy to be broken again .
iplayer cost a lot too

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
check my iplayer review in my signature it has a basic guide and see if you have missed anything
smile.gif

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
check my iplayer review in my signature it has a basic guide and see if you have missed anything
smile.gif
It doesn't look like hes missing anything, I think maybe your IPlayer is broken or defected during shipping, since gamebygame normally tests out their cards before shipping with multiple DSes. Ask them for an exchange to get a brand new card. Also, try asking them to test out the exchanged one in multiple DSes to make sure it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE