DS #5530: Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS (Japan)

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IMG00139-20110423-0329.jpg

tried to photograph it as good as possible. hope that someone can read it xD

pokeeiyuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error screen says:
"Nintendo Wireless Keyboard connection setup has failed.
Please turn off your DS, reinsert the DS card and turn your DS on again."

So even though there was talk that you didn't need the Wireless Keyboard to play, it still looks for it.

loco365

Trophies
XP
pokeeiyuu said:
The error screen says:
"Nintendo Wireless Keyboard connection setup has failed.
Please turn off your DS, reinsert the DS card and turn your DS on again."

So even though there was talk that you didn't need the Wireless Keyboard to play, it still looks for it.
I knew it said something about the keyboard. That's all I could translate. But anyways, something needs to be done so it skips that and uses the touch screen off the bat.

loco365

Trophies
XP
VentusVanitas said:
People who buy this preowned without the keyboard are screwed by the look of it. Will be testing on Acekard 2i asap.
I used an AK2i. You'll just get the same screen I did. Don't waste your time.

loco365

Trophies
XP
basher11 said:
latest wood firmware gives white screen... so i give up on this game.
It was white for about 10 seconds for me, then threw me the error screen. It might just be that, or it establishes a wireless communication with the keyboard as an anti-piracy attempt.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Pingouin7 said:
This won't be able to be emulated.
Why not? It does have a touchscreen keyboard. Plus, a custom LUA script could be written for Desmume so it can take in keyboard input and use it via gameplay instead of button presses (A, B, X, Y etc.)

loco365

Trophies
XP
AsPika2219 said:
100% doesn't works on all emulators....

Reasons: Requires DSi Wireless Keyboard!
hate2.gif
It's not specifically for the DSi. All DS systems use it. The reason it fails is because it has a Bluetooth transmitter in the legit game card, and flashcards don't have one. Therefore, it throws you that screen, assuming that the device only failed to boot. This must also be an anti-piracy tactic because of the lack of Bluetooth capabilities on a standard DS system. But I don't see why it is completely unplayable. If it has a touchscreen keyboard, why can't it be used? I can type quite fast on the DSi Web Browser, so why can't I also type fast on Typing DS?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think the touchscreen keyboard seen is actually used to type. I think it's more for recognition of what you hit on the keyboard. Regardless, the keyboard is a key component of the game. I'm sure it's a requirement and not just an option, since every flash cart and emulator returns the exact same error.

Edit: I think that people jumped the gun when seeing that there was a keyboard present on the touchscreen and instantly thought that it must be another option in a game based around the innovative keyboard feature of that game. Has anybody actually bothered to prove that the touchscreen could be used and not the keyboard?

Jump to conclusions and you're bound to end up disappointed.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Nathan Drake said:
I don't think the touchscreen keyboard seen is actually used to type. I think it's more for recognition of what you hit on the keyboard. Regardless, the keyboard is a key component of the game. I'm sure it's a requirement and not just an option, since every flash cart and emulator returns the exact same error.

Edit: I think that people jumped the gun when seeing that there was a keyboard present on the touchscreen and instantly thought that it must be another option in a game based around the innovative keyboard feature of that game. Has anybody actually bothered to prove that the touchscreen could be used and not the keyboard?

Well, when Serebii gets their asses in gear and get to covering the game, we'll know if we can use the touch screen.

MasterKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there people. Well, the real game requires the keyboard too for the first time so you set your DS Keyboard's internal ID such as the PokéWalker. Just that now you MUST have the keyboard for the first time run, then you won't be needing it anymore. What we actually need is a SAV file of this game after calibration and recognition was done so it will just continue the game normally because once the keyboard was registered, the title screen will just appear normally.

Later on, you don't need the keyboard anymore to play this game because you can use this game too when traveling and you don't walk around with a keyboard everyday and I see people play this without the keyboard. Just that it requires the keyboard for FIRST TIME only. It's a nice thing Pokémon Company did there to prevent the ROM from loading, but yea, just the SAV file would fix this
yay.gif

Click the spoiler button below to see the screen you get when the DS cannot find a bluetooth keyboard in close range.

battlegetromerror.png

Would be nice if a patch is made to bypass this and give "ok" to the ROM that a keyboard was previously set already
yaynds.gif

If any of you has this game and has R4 and such, use the SAV backup tool to get the SAV file after the keyboard was set and share witih us for the meantime please.

loco365

Trophies
XP
MasterKnight said:
Hi there people. Well, the real game requires the keyboard too for the first time so you set your DS Keyboard's internal ID such as the PokéWalker. Just that now you MUST have the keyboard for the first time run, then you won't be needing it anymore. What we actually need is a SAV file of this game after calibration and recognition was done so it will just continue the game normally because once the keyboard was registered, the title screen will just appear normally.

Later on, you don't need the keyboard anymore to play this game because you can use this game too when traveling and you don't walk around with a keyboard everyday and I see people play this without the keyboard. Just that it requires the keyboard for FIRST TIME only. It's a nice thing Pokémon Company did there to prevent the ROM from loading, but yea, just the SAV file would fix this
yay.gif

Click the spoiler button below to see the screen you get when the DS cannot find a bluetooth keyboard in close range.

battlegetromerror.png

Would be nice if a patch is made to bypass this and give "ok" to the ROM that a keyboard was previously set already
yaynds.gif

If any of you has this game and has R4 and such, use the SAV backup tool to get the SAV file after the keyboard was set and share witih us for the meantime please.
Wow. If that's the case, I must find a save. And now.

TheFredster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Fail said:
Nathan Drake said:

Well, when Serebii gets their asses in gear and get to covering the game, we'll know if we can use the touch screen.

I e-mailled Serebii yesterday and he stated that his copy has been held up in delivery due to the Bank Holidays in England. He said that if he doesn't get it today, then it's likely that he has to wait until Tuesday to start the coverage. He got screwed by easter.

I am really intrigued about this game though. Hope it has things to send to Black & White

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a new AP......i hope we get the save soon...i was fucking waitin for this for a looong time.....YWG please release a new Wood firmware once we have the save
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1