PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been filling the first two rows with sunflowers, and then I just use a squash or a tall-nut when zombies come before I'm ready. For my main defense, I put 2 lines of repeaters, with torchwood in front of them. In pool levels I also place 2 squash in front of the torch wood to keep the dolphin riders away, and I use tangle kelp to take down the snorkelers. It was working extremely well, but now I'm in the foggy nighttime pool levels and they've been significantly harder.

Also, is it just my imagination, or do tallnuts actually have more defense than wallnuts? It seems like it takes the zombies way longer to eat a tallnut.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PeregrinFig said:
I've been filling the first two rows with sunflowers, and then I just use a squash or a tall-nut when zombies come before I'm ready. For my main defense, I put 2 lines of repeaters, with torchwood in front of them. In pool levels I also place 2 squash in front of the torch wood to keep the dolphin riders away, and I use tangle kelp to take down the snorkelers. It was working extremely well, but now I'm in the foggy nighttime pool levels and they've been significantly harder.

Also, is it just my imagination, or do tallnuts actually have more defense than wallnuts? It seems like it takes the zombies way longer to eat a tallnut.
The game labels the Tallnut's toughness as "very high" while the Wallnut's toughness is "high". So yeah, the Tallnut is stronger.
And according to the PvZ wiki, the Wallnut can withstand 72 bites, while the Tallnut can withstand 144 bites.

@ShadowSoldier, nice.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
this is an amazing game to play on the go especially since it is touch screen controlled making it very accurate for the ds... quite strategic too, definitely gonna get this over the PC possibly due to size difference. I cant say that the experience of such a game on pc and ds is equal

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Scott-105 said:
Yay for official scene release
biggrin.gif

I already have the one Team Crippler dumped, but that was an independent release, but meh. It worked for me.It's "Team Crippler Whoopass!".

QUOTE(PeregrinFig @ Jan 16 2011, 07:47 PM) I really don't understand the scene. Why is it that the Team Crippler release isn't acknowledged as an official release? It's not like you need a special license to dump DS ROMs. Aren't they both totally clean dumps anyway?
They're both clean, but "Great Crippler" (the guy who dumped the "Crippler Whoopass" release) isn't part of the scene, while RobotKillers are.

What does "part of the scene" even mean? Not active in the community of Homebrew/ROMs and such?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haloman800 said:
YayMii said:
Scott-105 said:
Yay for official scene release
biggrin.gif

I already have the one Team Crippler dumped, but that was an independent release, but meh. It worked for me.It's "Team Crippler Whoopass!".QUOTE(PeregrinFig @ Jan 16 2011, 07:47 PM) I really don't understand the scene. Why is it that the Team Crippler release isn't acknowledged as an official release? It's not like you need a special license to dump DS ROMs. Aren't they both totally clean dumps anyway?
They're both clean, but "Great Crippler" (the guy who dumped the "Crippler Whoopass" release) isn't part of the scene, while RobotKillers are.
What does "part of the scene" even mean? Not active in the community of Homebrew/ROMs and such?
Great Crippler uploaded their ROM to an obscure trojan-infested piracy forum, while RobotKillers uploaded theirs to UseNet. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's pretty fun. The graphics aren't great compared to the other ones out there, but hey it's really good nonetheless. Although, if you have an iPhone, I'd say it's the better choice for a portable PvZ experience.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I played the PC version, and it was pretty good! Then I got the iPhone version, and I didn't like it.... but I absolutely loved this game on the DS! Dunno why, though...

sk8mystery23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Am I the only one who loves the Squash? What I usually do is I play like 4-5 Sunflowers, when a Zombie comes, I'll use the squash so I save 50 sun, plant more sunflowers, then I start growing an army.

You can get four or five sunflowers out before the first zombie? I can only get three. I thought that was as much as you could get. o:

sinan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk8mystery23 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Am I the only one who loves the Squash? What I usually do is I play like 4-5 Sunflowers, when a Zombie comes, I'll use the squash so I save 50 sun, plant more sunflowers, then I start growing an army.

You can get four or five sunflowers out before the first zombie? I can only get three. I thought that was as much as you could get. o:

Probably with rake

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BRAAAIINNSS...

God damnit did this really have to come out. now im going to spend a whole bunch of time playing this.

PC version was awesome, wasted many hours playing. This version feels a little slow paced.

VentusVanitas

Trophies
XP
Country
I highly recommended the iOS version, but while being the same, this iOS and DS versions are completely different. The iOS looks better, DS has more accurate controls. All things are substituted.

While the game isn't as good looking as it could be, it makes up for it in content. It has much more content than the iOS one. That said, both are excellent ports.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VentusVanitas said:
I highly recommended the iOS version over this. But for those without an iDevice, this is the perfect portable PvZ.

While the game isn't as good looking as it could be, it makes up for it in content. It has much more content than the iOS one.

Strongly disagree. I've played the PC version, the iDevice version, and am currently half way through the adventure in this game, PC version is the best, then this version, then the iDevice version. The only reason why the people would recommend the iDevice version is because of the graphics -_-

QUOTE(Uthuriel @ Jan 18 2011, 12:54 AM) OMG YESSSS!
yaynds.gif

Great contribution! Thanks for adding to the thread!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: I forgot I was in this group :skull: