DS #5257: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (USA)

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
NamoNakamura said:
Read a review for this game. It got a 10 out of 10.

Everybody shut up and enjoy it. Criminy.
Unfortunately, not all people have the same taste for video games. Not even reviews can change that.
wink.gif

esker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ShadowSoldier said:
It wasn't Phoenix Wright, hate those games. It was some UMD that I installed on my PSP a while back.
The only English-translated VN on the PSP (that would be on a UMD, homebrew ports of Tsukihime don't count) I can think of would be Disgaea Infinite, which while certainly a VN is one with strong gameplay elements in it, and not a "pure" VN.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Infinite Zero said:
^It is a postulate.
Wish WOOD 1.18 would come out, can't wait to play 999 with no freezes.
Same I can't afford a DStwo/acekard 2i atm plus YWG's updates are pretty frequent but it seems like it's taking ages now, lol, I can only wait though, might just play some CoD: BO on ps3 for the time being, sound like a good idea?

NamoNakamura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a little tidbit - working fine here, AKAIO latest with AP enabled. If you have AP disabled, it'll freeze in the first room about the time when you examine the suitcase.

It's also incredibly well written. Here's a part from the game:
"...His organs were spewed about, blooming like a gruesome flower... his ribs were sticking out like the legs of a macabre crab..." This is describing the remains of someone who fell victim to an explosion.

It's a little text heavy, yes, but the parts where you have to escape the rooms are very fun. The characters are all round and interesting as well.

A good summary: Imagine the SAW movies. Now imagine that they don't suck and have interesting characters and a tangible story.

robert91794

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just played the game and i see little text errors like junpei saying to june "Let's got back to hallway or something but still the game is great. hope a sequel would be announced

Kiekoes

Former DS-Scene Staff
Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Son of Science said:
Guess they didn't release an NFO file :/

I checked 4 sites that I download from, and all were torrent uploader NFOs
Here's the NFO:
CODENine_Hours_Nine_Persons_Nine_Doors_USA_NDS-RobotKillers
21x 5mb
enjoy and kill robots!

Kiekoes

Former DS-Scene Staff
Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
mrgone said:
that's a made up NFO, so topsites can trade the rom.
i'm not saying you made it up.
a serious release group would have a proper NFO,
but i guess, this is only a repacked P2P-release.
No it's not made up. That's just RobotKillers NFO.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually surprising how well fleshed out the gameplay elements are in this visual novel. Usually those are a mere afterthought or non-existant in many visual novels. You could theoretically rip out all the 'locked room' gameplay parts and made them into it's own game and that would have been fine. So to me you're getting 2 games in one.

Of course whether you feel that the visual novel portions are simply boring segues between the locked room gameplay elements is your own preference. You're missing out on a great story if you skip through it (and will miss out on some critical hints)

reiragna1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of game is this? Is it RPG cause on the trailer they didn't put some screenshot so I can get some idea on how the game works.

Stephapanda

Clover's Wife
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reiragna1234 said:
What kind of game is this? Is it RPG cause on the trailer they didn't put some screenshot so I can get some idea on how the game works.

It's a visual novel with some escape-the-room type gameplay mixed in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock