DS #4765: Bakugan Battle Brawlers - Battle Trainer (USA)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the same one, or a new one? The first one wasn't too shabby. I wouldn't mind fooling around with some more Bakugan.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Bakugan game is a new one. The other Bakugan Game was "Bakugan: Battle Brawlers." Though, I don't even bother giving these Bakugan games a try because, from what I played and saw, it was just horrible. It was too boring.

Occult Tech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I struggled not to make a pun based around "There" & "Bakugan".

It was hard for me not to do, as old Hobbits die hard.

Frog

Trophies
XP
Country
Occult Tech said:
I struggled not to make a pun based around "There" & "Bakugan".

It was hard for me not to do, as old Hobbits die hard.

rofl.gif

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS FREAKIN FRACKIN FUCKIN game makes no sense whatsoever. I know what bakugan is sort of....but it's ridiculously complicated.

Occult Tech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The 'real' game, keeps getting tweaked and fiddled with, and made over-complicated, as they try to justify how outrageously expensive it is to play and/or collect.

Bakugan used to be simple AND expensive, now it's friggin' awkward, complicated AND expensive.

This game reflects that.

Bakugan is the best 'use their kids to get their money' scam of recent years.

It'll run you at least £20 to learn the game, and then, to get any bits and bobs worth while, to build a winning strategy, it'll cost you a whole lot more.

Some of my stepson's mates sink every penny they can get their hands on, and ask exclusively for Bakugan products for birthdays and Christmas.

Still, at least this isn't Gormiti. I totally can't get my brain around that nonsense. Is it just a toy, or is their a game, too? I think there is, but I worry that if I find out, the kids will want to start collecting it lol

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
saxamo said:
THIS FREAKIN FRACKIN FUCKIN game makes no sense whatsoever. I know what bakugan is sort of....but it's ridiculously complicated.
QFT.

I tried playing the first one, but I just didn't understand what I was supposed to do, the rules are overly complicated...

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember seeing few episodes of the anime on Cartoon Network and being thrilled by it. It was so...alive. Like a mix of Yugioh, Beyblade and something else too.
biggrin.gif
So now I'm worried whether I ought to try out the two games or whether they will ruin the experience for me - after all, most people after playing real Yugioh think that the main characaters from the anime/manga have impossibly high luck.
biggrin.gif

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
The rules itself are not difficult. You just have to forget this crap called "winning strategy". It's the same as with beat-em ups: button mashing wins over complicated strategies any time. Here it's the same. It's also the same with pokemon and digimon and what all this stuff is called like. Forget the complex rules as they are totally worthless. Any n00b can beat you by just spamming the biggest attacks/monsters/whatever and using the 100% safe backup cards/items/whatever. In that regard this bakugan stuff is not one inch better or worse than the rest. You just need to use the same simple stuff over and over again. Anybody using "complicated strategies" or sinking tons of money/time into building one is screwed anyways by n00b-mashing
tongue.gif
. For example you have here stuff like mini-game sequences (battles), different powerup cards, different element types and the obligatory avdantage-disavdantage rule. Forget all about this, it's useless. In battle sequence you just use the same one as all others are so badly implemented it hurts. Powerup cards you also use one and only one which is like the wrath-of-god card in Magic?, hence a total playfield-wiper. Anything else is trying to rip out your organs in the hope of getting anyting done. Elements have also no real effect and using these cards there is no reason to bother with them to begin with. So yeah, ignore all rules, go straight for your placed cards and use the backup card if something breaks. Took now this game as an example but you can do this with every other game out there. I'm always laughing if I hear pokemon-fanboys talk about "strategy" or crap like that. It's hilarious to speak of "strategy" in such a game if there exists none! But that's the reason why this shit sells like hot pancakes I guess... the stupidity of kids
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn +1