DS #4708: Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing (USA)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Cyclops (CycloDS) has already released yet another beta firmware (1.57 beta 4) to correct the lasting issues with the game.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
Team Cyclops (CycloDS) has already released yet another beta firmware (1.57 beta 4) to correct the lasting issues with the game.

good i'm going test now.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Where can I get the new firmware for my Cyclo? Google was remarkaby unhelpful and the Team Cyclops site gives me an error about bandwidth exceeded or something.

bultmus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope someone find a way to make this game works on ttds as fast as possible.
i still searching for a way
hate2.gif

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Updating and testing now. With any joy it'll solve the problem of my save data vanishing at random in SASASR. I spent ages unlocking stuff, one race at a time, and then my data vanished. RAAAGEEE!!!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no save data issues what so ever so it's fine on cyclon ds evo thanks to the beta firmware hoo raaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DJPlace said:
no save data issues what so ever so it's fine on cyclon ds evo thanks to the beta firmware hoo raaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

*wonders if the cyclo beta firmware will work on my EDGE card* (ever hopefully and no it probably doesn't)

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Can confirm that this fixes all immediately evident problems like the freezing issue. Provided my save data stays where I put it from now on I'm inclined to say this is working 100%. Fantastic. Great game. Expect to see me around online once I'm finished with single player since thi game really has me hooked.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tried using miles edgeworth arm7 it didn't work blackscreen, tried arm7+arm9 this time it white screened this is on my EDGE card I'll try to think of something else to fix this if I can

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm lovin' this game. I know the standard response is "It's no Mario Kart," but I think they've done a great job with it. I really like the way they've implemented using miles to purchase characters and courses. Would have been better, I suppose, had you been required to actually place in the top 3 in order to earn miles, but still, it's a good system. Lots of extras, awesome presentation, and the track design is really good.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
GeekyGuy said:
Well, I'm lovin' this game. I know the standard response is "It's no Mario Kart," but I think they've done a great job with it. I really like the way they've implemented using miles to purchase characters and courses. Would have been better, I suppose, had you been required to actually place in the top 3 in order to earn miles, but still, it's a good system. Lots of extras, awesome presentation, and the track design is really good.

Well I wrote a review for the Gamefaqs boards which I'm waiting to have accepted. I id have a few complaints about the music (the bonus tracks sound awful and the use of Sonic R music is unforgivable) but aside from that I gave this pretty high praise. I did of course make note of how it is in many respects a fusion of Mario Kart's weapons and gameplay style with Speed Racer's looping tracks, but I also made note of how that's not a bad thing. I gave it 9/10 overall, with Mario Kart just ahead with the elusive 10, but it was a pretty close race. Hopefully the mods won't reject the review purely because it was written by me and you can read the full version on the Gamefaqs SASASR boards in a day or two.

hondje43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GeekyGuy said:
Indeed >_>
I dont care, i like sonic games even as mario games
WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?
NO Mario? Does that matter
If they complain, why dont they just dont post

Btw, i have WII version soon
biggrin.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sleep mode works fine with Sonic & Sega Racing in CycloDS 1.57b4. Just thought I'd mention that.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Sleep mode works fine with Sonic & Sega Racing in CycloDS 1.57b4. Just thought I'd mention that.
Just like the SCSD1, hopefully team cycops will also be releasing an update for their Edge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s