Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
This game looks like Poupée.
rofl2.gif

Anyway, yeahhh, this game seems like true blue, sure-fire, absolutely sweet Marie shovelware.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hatsu said:
CannonFoddr said:
alidsl said:
Did anyone else think poopie girl?
I did...... I think this deserves
4300358024_ddeb9ed2e2_o.jpg
Where have I seen that before?
smileipb2.png
Not sure about where you saw the certificate, I've just made that up...But the C*** symbol @ the bottom should look familiar - found THAT on google Images

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I dunno why people are calling it crap, or shovelware when they haven't tried it. Maybe it's not to your taste, but at least it's not another Imagine game.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
I dunno why people are calling it crap, or shovelware when they haven't tried it. Maybe it's not to your taste, but at least it's not another Imagine game.
because people don't understand the difference between niche girlgames (which yes can be shovelware but are NOT instant shovelware, it's a niche market) and ACTUAL SHOVELWARE. It's a strange disconnect. I don't understand why people can't tell the difference. It makes me think that every person that proclaims a niche title to be instant "shovelware" is just another dumbass nintendo hating fanboy.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yuyuyup said:
Edhel said:
because people don't understand the difference between niche girlgames (which yes can be shovelware but are NOT instant shovelware, it's a niche market) and ACTUAL SHOVELWARE. It's a strange disconnect. I don't understand why people can't tell the difference. It makes me think that every person that proclaims a niche title to be instant "shovelware" is just another dumbass nintendo hating fanboy.
I don't care if this is shoelware or not, I don't care how good the game is. That cover is nightmare inducing
wtf.gif

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yuyuyup said:
Edhel said:

If you call everything you are not interested in "SHOVELWARE", you are deluding yourself into thinking that you have a certain authority...

ie. *I* don't want to play it so it *MUST* be shovelware...

It's about privileging yourself...

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be hilarious if one of us actually tried this game and it turned out to be an overlooked gem, made by some brilliant game-designer stuck in a thankless dead-end job.

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Ruri said:
It'd be hilarious if one of us actually tried this game and it turned out to be an overlooked gem, made by some brilliant game-designer stuck in a thankless dead-end job.

rofl2.gif
You mean like Style Savvy? Everyone was thinking it was a crappy girl's game but when they actually tried it, they got hooked? 8D

Personally, I don't think you can label this as shovelware just yet. At least it isn't an Imagine game. Poupeegirl is actually quite popular in Japan. I had an account myself for a while and though I didn't stick around as long as I did other online game sites, I can see the appeal for other people.
Sure, it's not your thing but just because it has dress ups doesn't mean it's shovelware. -__-;;; seriously, guys.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
yuyuyup said:
Edhel said:
If you call everything you are not interested in "SHOVELWARE", you are deluding yourself into thinking that you have a certain authority...

ie. *I* don't want to play it so it *MUST* be shovelware...

It's about privileging yourself...
OK - so I jumped the gun... I've edited my post with the certificate until I actually give it a try - can't do anything about the other posts though.......

K

Kurisuellegarden

I'm not sure I have problems with shovelware. Nintendo just licenses the game, gives them the dev kit, and that's it.

They need to make money, it's not like the developing teams at Nintendo spend their time developing these games, they don't. So, it really doesn't make a difference.

If a third party company wants to make a game about Girl Dress Up, then they should be able to for the DS. It's not going to hurt anyone, they just might hurt themselves if it's a crappy game.

Doesn't really go on Nintendo's reputation. The demographic is huge for the Nintendo Wii and DS, so it makes sense to have such a huge amount of games, great and crappy. If there weren't crappy, how could we enjoy our great games? xD Crappy games doesn't make less great games. Just makes more stuff to shovel through if you want to get to them. The small kids under 10 and uneducated parents who just buy what sounds good are the ones who suffer wasted money on crappy games. x_x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.