DS #4162: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (USA)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
miketh2005 said:
CheatingSoi said:
I don't understand how they make something not work on a flashcart. I mean, how does the game determine its not genuine?
I am wondering, too.

Read the post I made right underneath the one you quoted. It's pretty simple to check whether it's genuine or not.

manaphy4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
WOW Cool it's been released mario and luigi 3 can't wait to play
smile.gif

just be patient guys the pybass will release soon
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Drian117 said:
Does anyone know if creating a save with no$gba, after you save where the file goes, does it work?

I just read on another site where some had tried it and it didn't work, it just overwrote the save. They were using a R4 and FW 1.18 though. It might work on a card that let's you set save sizes.

edit : Although thinking about it, it still wouldn't help as the problems is it locks out the controls on the save select screen so you won't be able to select the file anyway.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
edit : Although thinking about it, it still wouldn't help as the problems is it locks out the controls on the save select screen so you won't be able to select the file anyway.

Ah. True
cry.gif
. Good thinking.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
YAHOO.

I fucking KNEW it, I just KNEW it, Pokemons get leaked 3 days before release, this HAS to too!

I hope by the time I'm back from the school the code's there.
biggrin.gif

Cresh07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Drian117 said:
Does anyone know if creating a save with no$gba, after you save where the file goes, does it work?

I just read on another site where some had tried it and it didn't work, it just overwrote the save. They were using a R4 and FW 1.18 though. It might work on a card that let's you set save sizes.

I'm not so sure that it's a complete lock out... When watching the L &R buttons on the top screen, they seem to stutter a slight bit when i press a... Like it's checking the save then.... Yet again it could be me just thinking that the L & R buttons stutter just to give myself hope
rolleyes.gif

opius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, there's no stutter. Gave that a goood close look, animation frames are looped solid.

Same problem on save lockout with M3i Zero with newest firmware (+ newest DSi firmware).

Curious, though. The original jap game was unlocked using an AR code? I suppose AR codes would be massive trial and error, until someone sits down and takes the rom apart... D:

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
kohkindachi said:
Let's search chinese forum for patch lol

chinese don't make patch they are just being effective on sourcing things
yet they still need to rely on someone to crack the protection before they can release any patch
most of the time or i should say 99% of the J games' protection are provided from the japanese site
smile.gif

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
YAHOO.

I fucking KNEW it, I just KNEW it, Pokemons get leaked 3 days before release, this HAS to too!

I hope by the time I'm back from the school the code's there.
biggrin.gif

Basically what I'm doing, Sleep, school, work, then by that time, there will hopefully be a patch and I can start my weekend fresh with a new game.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
opius said:
Nah, there's no stutter. Gave that a goood close look, animation frames are looped solid.

Same problem on save lockout with M3i Zero with newest firmware (+ newest DSi firmware).

Curious, though. The original jap game was unlocked using an AR code? I suppose AR codes would be massive trial and error, until someone sits down and takes the rom apart... D:

AR code? YES but you need someone to MAKE that
smile.gif

from what i was told, it contains a new piracy protection hence the old method won't work !
it requires someone really start this all over again

my question is WHO WOULD MAKE IT ?
tongue.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
CloudSE said:
stupid how mario jumped onboard with all this piracy lock shit (if mario was a real person)

Now that piracy has become so mainstream, easy and acceptable on the DS you'll be seeing alot more protection in the major releases.

opius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, now I'm wondering. I've got no experience with the PC ds emulator (n0ca$h), but I'm a little experienced with other forms. Most if not all emulators support Save State features. i know for a fact that some cards, like the M3i, support save state features also.

Wondering if there's no way to bypass the very beginning with an emulator, snag a save, and then convert the savestate file..

A little convoluted, though. Probably better to wait.

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to playing this, hopefully, soon! It's as if Ninty knows it'll be cracked, and they just do it to screw with us anyways.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
TrolleyDave said:
CloudSE said:
stupid how mario jumped onboard with all this piracy lock shit (if mario was a real person)

Now that piracy has become so mainstream, easy and acceptable on the DS you'll be seeing alot more protection in the major releases.

agree!
when all the new J games being localized we will see lots of U/E release game will come with anti piracy protection~!
it would be even trickier that if they change the protection!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1