DS #4162: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (USA)

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
Can anyone confirm this works on a flashcart at all? We get stuck at game select screen with Acekard. My friend has my CycloDS so I can't test that. I have been messing with the rom for a while now, using DS lazy, I found a patched version of the Japanese version of the game, tried swapping out different things, tried ARM 7 and 9 tried the Japanese patches both versions and nothing works. I know its not likely but I thought it was worth a try.
I can confirm that CycloDS on the latest firmware has the same issue. We'll just have to wait for a patch or code at this point, it seems. Soul Silver will tide me over.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Honestly guys nobody cares that you got it from site xy
tongue.gif
with speed xy and just wait because of the protection.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the only ways to play this rom is by using 1- Normmatt and his team's latest beta AKAIO, which is NOT released to anyone but them (and only runs on AK2) or 2- use no$gba which is slowish.

I've tested on these firmwares-
Supercard DS-One (latest)
TTDS (latest unofficial release)

None worked and all get stuck at the game selection. Solution- be patient and wait until a fix comes out.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best I could do is use a Japanese save and Bowser came out instead of Mario and Luigi in the intro but you still cant select the file. The last idea I could possibly think of is, creating a game on the Japanese version on the Cyclo DS, creating a real time save, and then trying the Real time save on the US version of the game.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
its been a little different...

they have ALWAYS used the same protection in English and jap.

Big N is getting more aggressive }=(

now they are making them tougher...shit...makes you wonder what kingdom hearts ds will be like..they're meddling henchmen are probably "fixing" that issue as we speak.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
CheatingSoi said:
I don't understand how they make something not work on a flashcart. I mean, how does the game determine its not genuine?

Could be something as simple as checking the icon data in a similar way to how the DSi blocks the flashcarts to a full crc check of the rom. With loaders patching the data it changes the crc of the data and the game can say "I'm just not gonna work then". The latter is how they used to do it on the SNES.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
YayMii said:
I was looking forward to trying this game today/tonight.
Same here.
frown.gif

Well, we'll just have to wait. I actually hope someone can bypass the anti-piracy protection.

Good luck to whoever es trying.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
FierceDeityLink1 said:
adrian2040 said:
Does it work in the M3i Zero?
Read the thread.
blink.gif

If you don't mind poring through page after page of gibberish posting, then you don't mind finding the pertinent information FOR us and telling us. Seriously, guys, forums are the worst format for content-based internet. Forums are more akin to chatrooms and communication, not for your Wikipedia-style organized encyclopedic information.

QUOTE(YayMii @ Sep 10 2009, 08:33 PM)
Funny how it works.
1. Prices are expensive
2. People pirate stuff due to the expensiveness
3. Prices soar due to people pirating stuff
4. More people start pirating due to the price rise

On-topic-ish: I want to see Scribblenauts by tomorrow. We've had such a good lineup of early releases in the past 2(?) days, so I hope Scribblenauts shows up.

If they really want to fight piracy then they could start handing out JOBS, since people generally need an income to have money in the first place, and it's not like anyone else is fulfilling their capitalistic obligation to prevent the proles from overthrowing them.

FierceDeityLink1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GreenBanana said:
If you don't mind poring through page after page of gibberish posting, then you don't mind finding the pertinent information FOR us and telling us. Seriously, guys, forums are the worst format for content-based internet. Forums are more akin to chatrooms and communication, not for your Wikipedia-style organized encyclopedic information.
Nah, I think forums are fine. It's the people who treat them like chatrooms are the problem. Otherwise, it would be easy to skim through a few pages and search for M3i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    +1
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: fuck elvis. lol :P