DS #3261: Moon (USA)

igisPL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't run this game - when save is created I get the message "save data file format error" - did anyone get something like this? I have m3 real card.

EDIT: OK, everything's fine, I just put the ROM file incorrectly...

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
What the bloody hell is this? Never heard of it....
...is what I was going to say, but I've been to google and back in the time it took this page to load
smile.gif
Was wondering what all the fuss was about.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Decent game, but..

Too many of the enemies are flying drones, they're just not fun to shoot down, I know it's the DS and it can't handle too many fully sized enemies with complex AI and animations, but I'd rather kill more creative enemies- even if it meant fewer at once.

And the level design... some rooms are really nice with tons of detail, but most are empty rooms that looks like something out of doom.
Plus the textures are so pixelated they work against the DS's screens.

I don't mean to sound so negative, I really do like the game, but I feel these are some pretty significant oversights.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Downloadin' it, gonna give it a try later.

Found Dementium to be one of the greatest "missed potential" games ever: Renegade Kid got a incredible FPS engine that runs smoothly that could even do something similar to a "Half-Life 1 Lite", but instead chose to do a linear and repetitive game plagued by mediocre game design choices. It wasn't bad, but could be SO FREAKIN' MUCH MORE. Let's see if they learned their lesson on this one.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2short said:
seems great so far. reminds me of all the great shooters I used to play on my old 486 back in '95 :-) before I had pubes!

Well, I'd already been out of college for a year, but yeah, I kinda remember what you're talkin' about.
wink.gif

Someone else commented, though, that this was basically Dementium with different graphics. Teh wuh?! No, they definitely made a much better game here. There's an actual story you're given each step of the way, the saving is handled very smartly, enemies are a bit more sparse and don't seem to respawn, the levels are much more interesting, though they kind of look much the same (though, in all fairness, it's a base on the moon, so...), and it just feels much tighter overall. The interface is also streamlined and more practical, though there certainly wasn't anything wrong with Dementium's bottom screen hub.

I still can't get over the level of texture on the environments. You rarely saw that in most PS2 games. Really impressive. These dudes must have worked their asses off on this game. I've got to pick a retail copy up when I can.

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, you know what, im just gonna start a new game >__>.

I just realized this game is pretty short if I just run through it soooo... that's what im gonna do. I should get back to my old spot in an hour and half or so

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Then anon better not keep complaining about all the Imagine... games that are being pumped out like sewage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: