Orangegamer said:
YAHOO!!!!
been waiting for this game for a long time
lol
i was playing dementium last night aswell
and
OMG!
67 users reading this topic!!!!

Yeah it's 'cos we've got a decent looking bloody DS game for bloody once. Still think C.O.R.E looks cooler though
smileipb2.png

is that for DS?
cause it sounds good
from what u said
lol

Yep. C.O.R.E. also looks to be shaping up good

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WARNING!

The IGN review on 2nd page points out an easy to avoid bug that if you fall prey to would require a reset about 1 hour into the game.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/943/943581p2.html

During the first Lola mission when you are told to go on-foot to a new hatch do that, do not instead drive past the waypoint marker and park in the garage. See IGN for complete writeup on the bug.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I’m about half way threw the game & I am pleasantly surprised with the over all look & speed of the game, not to mention a nice mix of different looking levels with the DS’s limited power & storage. The game play is nice & there’s no constantly getting lost unlike renegade kids last game Dementium. I’m not surprised at the negative remarks this and many fast action games get here, it seems GBAtemp is full of children or people who just suck at games & can only play slow paste crappy RPG’s or easy shovel ware games. But at least everyone now knows not to take game ratings here seriously anyway.

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my problem with this game right now is that, the auto save screwed me up, during the moon vehicle stage, when you have the timer I only had 26 seconds when the game saved,and now every time I start I can't even make is there a cheat to stop the time

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool game 5hours 12 mins with codes and I missed 3 extras and 1 alien thing. I guess time to find another game.

those of you looking for FP games

3261 - Moon (U)(OneUp)
2905 - Call of Duty World at War (U)(VENOM)
2878 - Zombie BBQ (U)(VENOM)
2844 - James Bond 007 Quantum Of Solace (U)(VENOM)
2831 - Six Flags Fun Park (U)(iND)
2044 - FIFA Street 3 (U)(SQUiRE)
1879 - Clue Mouse Trap Perfection Aggravation (U)(Xenophobia)
1617 - Call Of Duty 4 (U)(Micronauts)
1567 - Dementium The Ward (U)(Xenophobia)
1174 - Brothers In Arms DS (U)(SQUiRE)(REPACK)
0688 - Bionicle Heroes (U)(Legacy)
0367 - Metroid Prime Hunters (U)(WRG)(7FE4554A)
0296 - Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball Max'd (U)(Trashman)(0711F7A7)
0071 - Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (U)(TRM)
0029 - GoldenEye Rouge Agent (U)(TRM)

uomopinza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Finished yesterday: a good game indded, but I've a few remarks.

Pros: excellent graphics on a DS, good level design (though a bit repetitive, but it's not so easy to be original in an FPS), the droide.

Cons: I must say the story is really engaging during the first missions, then it becames just an excuse to go on and fire at the ugly aliens (some good ideas of the first missions, like the driving sessions, have been forgotten too early)

I've found some bugs: the game froze during some cutscence or after having read a log from a terminal (I had to switch the DS off and switch it on again), during the last boss fight I fell, while walking backwards, from an open "window" of the room and I found myself falling in a sort of green sea.

I've also found that the firing rate drops during some fights with many enemies in the room! This is a serious issue, as this happens exactly when your weapon must be reliable.

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD !!!

It's clear the developers wanted to do something reminding Halo: the settings, the vehicle, the first weapon you use, even the last sentence during the last cutscene "I think this is only the beginning" (or something like that).

But the whole story behind the firings is without any twist: you go on, kill everybody until you kill the evil alien master.

The last 2 missions are, in fact, the most disappointing: how can you pretend to go in another world, landing with your ship so close to you last objective position, cover by feet only a "tunnel" with the same kind of enemies you've found during the game, and find the last boss after so few minutes ?

I think that the whole "alien world affair" should have been better developed to give the game a more compelling end.

By the way: who is the "unknown source" who guides you to the end ? Is he the "Prof. Mattheus" (or something like that) who explored the whole facility before you and left some logs in the system? I don't remember any explanation about this.

END OF SPOILERS

To sum up: a technically very good game for the DS, but it should have been a great game with a better story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs