DS #3238: The Lord of the Rings Conquest (Europe)

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Official release date is Tues 13th for the DS version I believe, just got it.. trailer for the PC version looks a bit like WoW... cant see them squeezing anything remotely like it into a DS cart. Trims to 60mb.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can switch between button and stylus, buttons are not good enough though for navigation.. My main gripe is, you dont standout enough in the game, you get lost in the shuffle in close combat. Ill give it a bit of a playthrough though.....

You start slow but you can increase speed with the picking up of orbs

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Works fine on R4.

Bit like dungeon siege or warcraft 3 campaign mode.

Linear levels with heroes/abilities and drones. Graphics are god-awful and the font is migraine inducing.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porkdish said:
...Graphics are god-awful and the font is migraine inducing.

I think the graphics look surprisingly good on DS. Not sure what you're talking about regarding the fonts, either. Text is fine.

Anyway, this is a very good game so far. I like the mix of real-time action and strategy. Only played a bit of it, but I look forward to seeing what the rest of the game has to offer.

BTW, unless I missed something, this marks the first LotR games on DS. Not sure why it took so long, but I'm glad it seems to be something of substance.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's an OK game. but what would have made it better
-Online functionality
-More strategic elements
-Better Controls
-Being able to see the enemy from afar, rather than walking straight up to them and letting the game load.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeh I tested it too. It could've been better with more of a BattleFront style view like PSZ has. Is it THAT hard to make a game on the DS which is as playable as the other platforms? Still, better than I expected and a trip down memory lane with the objectives in the style of Battlefront which I played for months.

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it would be possible for someone to make a 3rd person camera view hack for this like Phantom Hourglass had.

That'd make this game muuuuuuch more fun.

LivingToDie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
? like phantom hourglass ?

what kind of hack ? tell me
tongue.gif
?

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SeraphisCain said:
I wonder if it would be possible for someone to make a 3rd person camera view hack for this like Phantom Hourglass had.

That'd make this game muuuuuuch more fun.

You mean, a hack to make the camera behave like Phantom hourglass's camera behaved or do you mean a hack, like a hack phantom hourglass had which I do not know about XD tongue twister
wacko.gif
Because I think the camera is as good as it's gonna get nearing Phantom Hourglass standards. I just wish they could make a hack to make the camera a little bit easier to see ahead especially playing as a big unit taking up half of a screen >:[ But that would take so much work and so difficult I would imagine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night