DS #3238: The Lord of the Rings Conquest (Europe)

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:
SeraphisCain said:
I wonder if it would be possible for someone to make a 3rd person camera view hack for this like Phantom Hourglass had.

That'd make this game muuuuuuch more fun.

You mean, a hack to make the camera behave like Phantom hourglass's camera behaved or do you mean a hack, like a hack phantom hourglass had which I do not know about XD tongue twister
wacko.gif
Because I think the camera is as good as it's gonna get nearing Phantom Hourglass standards. I just wish they could make a hack to make the camera a little bit easier to see ahead especially playing as a big unit taking up half of a screen >:[ But that would take so much work and so difficult I would imagine.

Camera Hack you didn't know about. It brings the camera down behind link's shoulder. Similar to the Pokemon camera hack (Though in truth, there's no fucking reason that pokemon camera hack should work like it does).

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shabadage said:
DeadLocked said:
SeraphisCain said:
I wonder if it would be possible for someone to make a 3rd person camera view hack for this like Phantom Hourglass had.

You mean, a hack to make the camera behave like Phantom hourglass's camera behaved or do you mean a hack, like a hack phantom hourglass had which I do not know about XD tongue twister
wacko.gif
Because I think the camera is as good as it's gonna get nearing Phantom Hourglass standards. I just wish they could make a hack to make the camera a little bit easier to see ahead especially playing as a big unit taking up half of a screen >:[ But that would take so much work and so difficult I would imagine.

Camera Hack you didn't know about. It brings the camera down behind link's shoulder. Similar to the Pokemon camera hack (Though in truth, there's no fucking reason that pokemon camera hack should work like it does).

OMFG I saw that pokemon camera hack but since I bought the real game I never tried it out. I suppose the reason I never found out about the PH hack too was because I bought the cart for it too. I guess I'll never be bothered to start a new game on the rom just for the camera though ¬.¬ Anyway thanks for telling us I bet it's great. but I can't helpbut wonder how the touch screen controls would play out... Running backwards and not having a clue where he's going
tongue.gif
And yes, a hack like that would make this game more enjoyable
happy.gif
If not harder to see where you're going xD

sdnoob

Trophies
Website
sdnoob.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
I absolutely adore the PS3 demo of the game, downloading it now (I mean, purchasing it.... duhhh) with high expectations.
smile.gif

Yeah, the ps3 demo was really nice. I played a couple rounds online (8 vs 8) and it was quite interesting. Every class was kind of balanced. Interested to see what the ds version can do.

leoboiko

Trophies
Website
namakajiri.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Should have hired some actual artists and gone for cell-shading or 2D. Realistic 3D looks like crap in the DS. Besides, LoTR shoud be colorful.

Anyone knows if this game features anything of Tolkien's artificial languages?

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VISHI SO FISHI said:
This dosent work on the r4!

latest firmware..

The logos come for the company's and then i just get 2 black screens and it dosent move on!

Has this worked for ur r4?

thanks
Works on my R4, but then again so has every other game I try. You may want to download YSMenu, I haven't tried it myself but it's got a good reputation and may be your only option if you've got a clone R4. Definately worth getting if you're a LOTR or Star Wars battlefront fan.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shabadage said:
DeadLocked said:
SeraphisCain said:

wacko.gif

Interesting, got a link to more info about the hacks for both games ? thx

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
I think the graphics look surprisingly good on DS. Not sure what you're talking about regarding the fonts, either. Text is fine.

The models look like they use less than 5 polygons each (slight exaggeration), they're all clad in grey & brown outfits, on a grey & brown floor, fighting grey & brown enemies. The spell effects are quite crude, on par with 'warrior of the ancient arts' for example. Looking past the actual game to the LOTR video clips, the only reason to bother with the license, they're (understandably) drastically compressed and ugly.

As for the fonts they chose to go with an accented, stylistic font to represent the LOTR middle earth feel. A fucking crime when rendered at 7 pixels high (such as mission instructions and tutorial on the top screen), this is compounded by rendering it in light grey on a light tan background.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porkdish said:
The models look like they use less than 5 polygons each (slight exaggeration), they're all clad in grey & brown outfits, on a grey & brown floor, fighting grey & brown enemies. The spell effects are quite crude, on par with 'warrior of the ancient arts' for example. Looking past the actual game to the LOTR video clips, the only reason to bother with the license, they're (understandably) drastically compressed and ugly.

As for the fonts they chose to go with an accented, stylistic font to represent the LOTR middle earth feel. A fucking crime when rendered at 7 pixels high (such as mission instructions and tutorial on the top screen), this is compounded by rendering it in light grey on a light tan background.

Are you using other 3D DS games as a frame of reference? That's what I want to know. Because from that standpoint, again, I think the game looks pretty dang good. Very impressive, in fact, considering everything else I've seen in 3D on DS.

As for the "grey & brown" -- did you see the Two Towers. There was, in fact, a lot of...grey and brown.

And I have no problems reading the text. Not to come off as attempting to dispute everything you're saying, but the font seems fitting, and I don't see that it pales in comparison to what other DS games exhibit.

The framerate is solid, the character models and environments are very high poly (for DS), and there are almost no boxy textures. Colors are fitting for the skirmishes the game is recreating from the movie version of LotR. Meh...to each his own.

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Well, the idea of pushing a game like this on a primarily single-player platform is a laugh, -at best-. The AI of the allied troops is laughable, more like non-existent, and in a swipe of genius so is any chance to control ( order ) them directly. Bravo.
This game ( graphics aside ) would be so much more fun on the PSP, with -proper- online mode.

Also, butthurt because this is the closest thing to a "Dynasty Warriors of The Ring" style of game, and as always EA is -this- close to not fucking it completely up, except OOPS THEY DO. I don't get why can't EA make a proprietary online system for the Wii and DS that's independent from WFC, it's not like Nintendo would or could object since EA could pretty much rape them out from the european 3rd party software publishing market forever.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I played this game about a hour and think it is really nice title. I had lot of fun with defending minas tirith and using ent as a "hero". Only cons that I have toward this game is that sometimes it runs slowwer (and it is a bit annoying).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1