DS #3234: Chess For Kids (Europe)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chess for kids? Who's bright idea was this?

If kids play chess, they usually play proper chess, not dumbed down chess.

...You know that kid reminds me of Gabe from Penny Arcade.

gabe.png

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, maybe I'll check this out. I suck at chess. I know how all the pieces move, but forming strategies, actually winning......not so much. Just never got into it I guess.

Maybe I can beat the kid's edition! Naw....probably still kick my butt up and down the street on novice level, like all chess games do to me.
shy.gif

They need to make some kind of battle chess game for DS, then at least there would be something fun to watch as it kicked my butt.

HEY! Maybe this kid's edition will teach me how to play chess....and actually win on occasion.....hmm.....

yagdub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Rayder said:
HEY! Maybe this kid's edition will teach me how to play chess....and actually win on occasion.....hmm.....

there is big red buton with word WIN
tongue.gif

it was joke
tongue.gif

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Heh, maybe I'll check this out. I suck at chess. I know how all the pieces move, but forming strategies, actually winning......not so much. Just never got into it I guess.

It's EXACTLY THE SAME for me! I can kill off every piece on their side, but it takes me like another 100 moves to checkmate my opponent because I don't know how to trap it!

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Hehe Moo said:
Rayder said:

It's EXACTLY THE SAME for me! I can kill off every piece on their side, but it takes me like another 100 moves to checkmate my opponent because I don't know how to trap it!

same, i always end up getting eaten!

maybe we should try this.

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
I love chess but I'm an average player really.

This should be good for beginners, it does have a tutorial, but it's not going to make a grandmaster out of anyone. You might pick up some basic strategies, but there are so many in chess the only way to really learn is to play often, learn from defeat and understand why you win when you do.

The story is Chess to a HeaVy RawK soundtrack. The Black Sheep Gang vs. The White Elephant Gang! They don't back down, no matter what their up against, and when they rumble, they fuck each-others shit up with 16 delicately carved chess pieces. Ya knaw wat 'm say'n dawg!
glare.gif

Personally, I'd love to see some chess variants come out. Round Chess or Three-handed Chess, but I suppose the standard version has a lot of work done on it's game engines, where as these variants need a whole new approach to coding a computer opponent.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:

Maybe I can beat the kid's edition! Naw....probably still kick my butt up and down the street on novice level, like all chess games do to me.
shy.gif

They need to make some kind of battle chess game for DS, then at least there would be something fun to watch as it kicked my butt.

I'm no expert myself but usually the player that controls the middle of the board has the advantage,i'm in the same boat when it comes to styles of play(defenses) I just move pieces where I think they should go,ah battle chess I loved that game now theres something that would be nice for the DS to have
biggrin.gif

eydaimon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping this would be a good game for the 5 year old son, but after trying it, I lost that hope. If you like doing tons of reading without much actual playing, this may be good for someone. Mind, this is my impression on a superficial playthough. I'm not giving it any more time though.

eydaimon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
does this have a tutorial?

I don't actually know how to play chess....

their examples and interface were more confusing than the actual concepts behind chess...
maybe it's just me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1